Misguided Angel by Melissa De la Cruz

Misguided Angel

by Melissa De la Cruz

English (38)  Italian (1)  All (39)
Awesome! And holy crap!!!! Demon spawn!!!!! Can't wait 'till Lost In Time! :) ( )
  almoskwa92 | Nov 4, 2016 |
Background: In this issue of the Blue Bloods series, Schuyler and Jack fled to Florence to follow the path left by Lawrence about the gates that protect the world from Lucifer. Mimi has been named Regent of the New York Coven and has a murder and conspiracy on her hands which threatens to expose the vampires to the public, and Bliss is nowhere to be found. Instead of Bliss, we are introduced to Deming, the Angel of Mercy, who is brought on to help solve the mystery of the murder for Mimi and the Coven. All hell is breaking loose and Mimi, Schuyler and Jack all have things they need to resolve.

Review: The last few books in this series have been a little anti-climactic; this one however, was a quick read. I liked that Bliss wasn’t around, not that I don’t enjoy her character, but for too long have there been 3 point of views which got disruptive. In Misguided Angel, we start with only chapters of Schuyler and Jack and then a batch of only Mimi, which some historical snippets along the way… we aren’t pulled to the 3rd character until Deming comes to New York to help Mimi and she isn’t overbearing nor annoying to ‘listen’ to.
I was a little upset that again all of the storylines are kind of left hanging, but there was a good tale that did end and had a great twist at the end. All of the pieces are slowly coming together and I have the next one from the library already, going to start reading soon.
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |
Back to the meat of the story with this full novel. I like how each "part" was from the viewpoint of a different character or set of characters rather than switching every other chapter. We are left with a small cliffhanger though, lucky for me I already have the next three books! We get to learn a bit more about Mimi and Oliver in this one and we get to meet a somewhat newbie who I've come to really like. I'm perplexed into what's going on with the Blue Blood killings and this is a good thing of course because it keeps you reading. I really love how different these books are from the normal vampire books, and I'm enjoying how it's not all about the romance, there's drama, adventure, mystery, something for everyone! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I began to really like Mimi in this book. She seems more "human." She truly cares for the Coven, and it's members. She also realizes that she doesn't really hate Oliver all the much.

Oh, Deming. She's a kick-ass Venator. She does her job to the best of her abilities, and doesn't give up. I completely forgot she was a key player in this book.

Schuyler annoyed me. I think it's because she is so needy when it comes to Jack. I'm used to her being strong and self assured.

We get a peek at Nephilim, and I had a ton of questions regarding possibilities with Bliss after I finished reading.

It was great seeing a lot more of Mimi showing emotions that do not include snobbery. I want to start Lost in Time NOW! But I'll be a good girl, and wait until December 1st to start it. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
After inheriting the dark Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler fled to Florence with her forbidden love, Jack. Now the two of them must embark on the mission Schuyler was destined to complete: to find and protect the five remaining gates that guard the earth from Lucifer, lord of the Silver Bloods.

Back in New York, Mimi has been elected Regent of a crumbling coven. Struggling with her heartache over the loss of Kingsley and with her overwhelming desire to destroy Jack, she must focus all of her energy on a perilous new threat. Vampires are being abducted and their captors are planning to burn them alive online…for all the world to see. Help arrives in the form of Deming Chen, a Venator from Shanghai, who must untangle the web of deceptions before the killers strike again.

As the young vampires struggle for the survival of the coven, they uncover a deadly secret, a truth first discovered by Schuyler’s mother during the Renaissance but kept buried for centuries. And as the Blue Blood enclave weakens yet further, fate leads Schuyler to a terrible choice that will ultimately map the destiny of her heart.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Misguided angel hanging over me,
Heart like a Gabriel, pure and white as ivory
Soul like a Lucifer, black and cold like a piece of lead.
Misguided angel, love you till I'm dead.
-Cowboy Junkies, "Misguided Angel"

All things change, nothing perishes.
-Ovid
For Pop, Alberto B. de la Cruz, September 7, 1949-October 25, 2009; who thought Dedications and Acknowledgements were the best part of my books because he was always in them.
There were seven of us at the inception of the order.

While fleeing to Florence to find and protect the seven gates that guard earth from Lucifer, lord of the Silverbloods, Schuyler approaches a terrifying crossroads--and a choice that will determine the destiny of all vampires.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,446,421 books! | Top bar: Always visible