Do One Green Thing: Saving the Earth Through…

Do One Green Thing: Saving the Earth Through Simple, Everyday Choices

by Mindy Pennybacker

Do One Green Thing is one of those books you don't read from cover to cover and return to the library. It is meant to be referred to time and time again. It's meant to be written in, dog-earred and memorized.

Do One Green Thing is smart. It centers of four areas of your personal life and how you can do that one green thing in regards to them:

1. What you eat and drink

2. Where you live

3. How you take care of yourself

4. How you get around (transportation)

From there the chapters are broken down into specific sections:

1. The one green thing you can do and your options

2. Questions one might have about the green thing

3. The science behind why the green thing is a good thing

As you might expect, giving up drinking bottled water is the very first green thing mentioned. In giving up bottled water you have a choice, drinking tap water or filtering your own. But, isn't bottled water safer than tap or even filtered water? There's that question I mentioned, by the way. Followed by the science of why giving up bottled water is a good thing.

In addition to the specific sections there are other tidbits like url addresses for more information, Pennybacker's favorite "green" things like water-saving shower supplies and facial moisturizers, and fun illustrations. ( )
  SeriousGrace | Jan 14, 2016 |
A few months ago I read a book that totally changed my life: Garbology by Edward Humes.

From that moment on, I have changed many of my wasteful habits and started going green(er) than I previously had been. Most of these changes end up saving me money as well!

One day after reading Garbology, I was at the library and randomly picked up Do One Green Thing by Mindy Pennybacker. I knew it was a book I needed to own because of all the great tips, so once I got home I ordered my own copy.

What a smart choice! Because this book is one of the best! I have learned so much from this book to make myself and my world a little greener, to make healthier eating choices, and to save some money in the process.

For the full review, visit Love at First Book ( )
  LoveAtFirstBook | Aug 4, 2013 |

If you can only read and reference one green thing, make it this book:  an easily comprehensible, clearly presnted source for green living. Everything you need to know is right here at your fingertips. Unlike a lot of other overwhelming green guides on the market, this is green decision making in bite sized pieces.With chose it/lose it comparisons throughout, now it's simple to figure out it’s worth switching to a green detergent, what kind of plastic your sports bottle is made of, or which fish is safest to eat.  Rather than spending time trying to figure out how best to go green, use this book and devote that time to making the difference.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:53 -0400)

Presents green decision making in bite-size pieces, with simple choose it or lose it comparisons throughout, from how drinking filtered water can help save oil to how skipping red meat at least one day a week can reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,929,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible