All Acts of Love and Pleasure Are Her…

All Acts of Love and Pleasure Are Her Rituals

by Rachel Adair

611,268,033 (1)None

This was supposed to be a story of pre-Christian Europe and the struggles those that dealt with magic had to face. Once you start reading that, you discover that it is more the story of one woman, those in her life, and her sexual adventures.

The concept of the story was great. I have to admit that, but I struggled with the story because of the amount of historical discrepancies. The world the author painted for me was more of the 1700s through 1800s. Most of what she described wasn’t around during the years the story was supposed to be set in. For anyone who knows history well enough, you might not be able to finish reading the book. I struggled to do just that.

Over all, the characters were flat. The focus was more on their sexual drives and experiments. I felt that the author left the potential for some very strong characters in favor of the explicit acts. The story would have read better if there was less of those and more character development.

That leads into the storyline. There was such potential here, but the historical inaccuracies and the lack of multi-dimensional characters took away from it. I was so looking forward to reading it based on the description, but was sorely disappointed.

There is magic in the story as well as explicit scenes. You cannot read over them as they are numerous and play into the storyline. Again, if you love history, you might not want to read this book.

Note: I received this book from a colleague with no expectation of a positive review. ( )
  RebeccaGraf | Mar 28, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,582,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible