Mistress of the Underground by Lisa Childs

Mistress of the Underground

by Lisa Childs

I can honestly say the best part of this book was the last chapter.
I did not like most of it and had to re read several pages to try and figure out what exactly happened in certain scenes. Some parts of the storyline were rather rushed and a few things were explained away with a only a sentence or two. I think this story could have been fleshed out a bit more and I'm not talking about the sex scenes. I'm not a prude in any sense but those scenes were almost laughable and I started to roll my eyes when I got to one. ( )
  eswaim | Feb 17, 2014 |
Ben is a doctor to the supernatural, a secret he has to keep. This secret cost him his relationship with Paige. However now Paige has bought the nightclub Club Underground, not realising that it's the vampire hangout and her long-lost step brother is in fact her vampire father. The author wrote herself into a corner with the plot and I didn't quite like the resolution. I also had a problem that a father trying to protect his daughter wouldn't introduce her to the subculture he was part of, and wouldn't get her an exemption to the secret, after all she is part-vampire. She also has nothing supernatural about her. I'd expect at least something minor.

It's not a bad read but it's also not a great read. And yes, the sex drove the story not the plot. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jun 25, 2011 |
Now Ben must be a superstud, in less than four days Paige had no less than 24 orgasms - personally I am thinking I would be sore but more power to her. I can only imagine that with vamp blood in him it can only get better. What I didn't like about this book is that I felt like it started in the middle of a story I knew nothing about, and though it resolved it wasn't a comfortable way to start. Paige also had a bit too much TSTL going on to be interesting. But the sex was hot so if you like it like that you will enjoy this. ( )
  shelleyraec | May 9, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037361831X, Mass Market Paperback)

Passion reborn...? Healing supernatural beings is Ben's gift - and his curse. His power demands secrecy, a secrecy that once cost him his wife, Paige. But even she can't deny the potent passion that continues to draw them together...When Paige takes over running nightspot Club Underground she learns that no one in her life is quite what they seem - not her customers, her ex-husband...not even herself. But when an unspeakable evil is unleashed, Paige gets more answers than she bargained for. Now she and Ben must reunite to save themselves and their hopes for the future...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:53 -0400)

Healing supernatural beings is Dr. Benjamin Davison's gift--and his curse. His profession demands secrecy--one that cost him his marriage because his wife, Paige, refused to accept his covert life. But she can't deny the passion that still draws them together. The last thing she wants is a fresh web of lies. But that's what she gets once she agrees to run the nightclub Club Underground. Her quest for the truth reveals that no one in her life is who they seem...not even herself. When an evil is unleashed, she gets more answers than she wanted. She and Benjamin must reunite to save themselves and their future hopes.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,568,985 books! | Top bar: Always visible