The Mosts by Melissa Senate

The Mosts

by Melissa Senate

213495,208 (3)None

second first reads winner in a month!!
  pam.enser | Apr 1, 2013 |
A fun, quick read. Review to come. ( )
  ZabetReading | Mar 31, 2013 |
Cliques are a big deal in high school. The Mosts by Melissa Senate is all about the pecking order. Madeline Echols, Most Popular, finds out that her uberhot boyfriend is moving to California. Other boys then begin to show interest in her, including queen bee Caro's crush, Sam. Will she be exiled to Not-land by her friends?

I am neutral towards this book. I didn't love it like I loved the movie Mean Girls, but I don't hate it either. I thought this was one of those books where you read it, think oh that was a nice book and then move on with your life. It's not really the type of book you form a bond with or an attachment to.

I didn't really enjoy how the 'mean girls' were portrayed. I think there would have been a bigger impact if we saw some vulnerability, but all I saw was rudeness. There is the implicit feeling that one has to dislike Caro. However, despite this, I felt bad for her. How much would it suck to have your crush 'like' your best friend? In H.S. that would have been devastating. I know you move on and there will be others, but at the time it is a huge deal.

Now, I did like Madeline and what she does for the Nots. I think it takes courage to stand up to your friends and for what you believe in, especially during the teenage years. I also quite enjoyed the be the youest you you can be mantra. Maintaining one's identity in high school is tough. I'd like to say it's easy to be an individual, but it's not. It's good to see a book actually address this. ( )
  booksandwine | Sep 9, 2010 |

Madeline finished freshman year at Freeport Academy just as invisible as when she started. But after a summer in Italy with her sophisticated aunt, she returned as a sophomore with cool clothes, European attitude, and a hot new boyfriend, Thom.

Maddie's part of the in crowd . . . the Mosts. Her best friend, Caro? Most Beautiful. Her other friends, Fergie, Annie, and Selena? Most Stylish, Most Hilarious, and Most Hot, respectively. And Madeline? Most Popular. Her life is great.

While it lasted.

Now Thom's moved to California—so Maddie's no longer the girlfriend of a popular guy. The guy Caro likes only has eyes for Madeline—can you say social suicide? And a group of misfits at school are begging Madeline to help make them over.

Madeline knows there's a fine line between being a Most . . . and being a Not. She doesn't want her status to change . . . but what if she doesn't have a choice?

Fun summer fiction from Melissa Senate, THE MOSTS is sure to be a favorite among tweens and teens looking for a great beach read.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:10 -0400)

After a summer make-over, Madeline begins dating one of the most popular boys at her Maine high school, but when he moves to California, she fears for both her status and her relationship.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,328,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible