Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

by Morgan Matson

North Of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley (writemeg)
    writemeg: Another moving story of love, family and growth -- and is also young adult fiction!

This was an easy read, but I don't think it was as amazing as everyone else does. The story was cute, but it just wasn't all that entertaining. An ok book, just not what I was expecting and the ending was a little abrupt. ( )
  Tabatha014 | Aug 12, 2016 |
Dos jóvenes se ven envueltos en un viaje donde descubrirán el camino a la sanación emocional, complementado con una genial banda sonora que será, a la vez, protagonista de la historia. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
It's actually 4.5 stars. If the book didn't end so abruptly, I would say easily 5 stars but this book was amazing still. Review will be up this week! ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
I'm torn on how to rate this one - I didn't think it was as good as SYBG as the characters were less well-realised, but when it was good, it was very good.

Also... ROGER? Someone else needs to name this author's male characters. ( )
  hoegbottom | Jan 30, 2016 |
I absolutely love this novel. It is such a cute love story, and a fantastic summer read. I read it last summer, and it quickly became my favorite book that i read that summer (and i read a lot of books). Matson does a perfect job of engaging the reader with her love story and including things that readers can identify with such as death, families falling apart, and sibling relationships. I applaud Matson for her work with this novel, and look forward to reading her other novels soon. ( )
  katestrings | Jan 20, 2016 |
For my father
I sat on the front steps of my house and watched the beige Subaru station wagon swing too quickly around the cul-de-sac.

Amy Curry thinks her life sucks. Her mom decides to move from California to Connecticut to start anew--just in time for Amy's senior year. Her dad recently died in a car accident. So Amy embarks on a road trip to escape from it all, driving cross-country from the home she's always known toward her new life. Joining Amy on the road trip is Roger, the son of Amy's mother's old friend. Amy hasn't seen him in years, and she is less than thrilled to be driving across the country with a guy she barely knows. So she's surprised to find that she is developing a crush on him. At the same time, she's coming to terms with her father's death and how to put her own life back together after the accident. Told in traditional narrative as well as scraps from the road--diner napkins, motel receipts, postcards--this is the story of one girl's journey to find herself.

After the death of her father, Amy, a high school student, and Roger, a college freshman, set out on a carefully planned road trip from California to Connecticut, but wind up taking many detours, forcing Amy to face her worst fears and come to terms with her grief and guilt.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,700,419 books! | Top bar: Always visible