Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Devoured by Darkness (Guardians of Eternity…

Devoured by Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #7) (edition 2010)

by Alexandra Ivy

Member:saturnnalia
Title:Devoured by Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #7)
Authors:Alexandra Ivy
Info:Zebra (2010), Edition: Original, Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:Contemporary, Vampire

Devoured by Darkness by Alexandra Ivy

This book was awesome. One thing you can expect from these books are tough women and men who are arrogant in a sexy sort of way. The books in this series are full of action. I'm enjoying the progression of the chain events. I'm really curious about what happened to Levet. That silly little gargoyle manages to disappear and reappear constantly, as well as help the big scary vamps save the determined women.

This is a serious that I would hands down recommend to people. ( )
  RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
~ 3.5 Devoured Stars ~

Devoured by Darkness starts where Beyond the Darkness ends in that Tane is chasing a half breed Jinn mongrel. This one was not as engaging as others in the series. I started off being pulled in, but then it turned into a book I needed to finish to move on to the next in the series.

Tane is a Charon, a vampire charged with killing vampires who have gone rogue. Dame he is one sexy vampire; wearing khaki shorts, a massive sword and nothing else.

Layla is a half breed mongrel Jinn, who has been chased her entire life and all she wants is to live a life that is her own.

Ms. Ivy does a great job with references to modern things and witty comments. Levet always brings a certain entertaining factor to the books with his character in that every women loves him, but every man just wants to kill him. The main story arc in the series is that something bad is coming. No one is quite sure what, but it’s going to be deadly and soon. Not much is revealed in the area of the big bad, because most of the book is spent on Tane and Laylah. We also get a little information on what became of Cassandra and Caine. Cassandra is turning out to be an interesting character and I hope she gets a book. As for the relationship between Laylah and Tane they even each other out. She brings a softness to Tane and in turn he gives her someone she can actually trust for the first time. A lot of the book ends up being a cat and mouse between the two, which was entreating at the begin, but got old. Something else that got to me was Laylah wants to get away from Tane, but then she is falling into bed a little to fast for my liking with him. There relationship wasn’t as strong as some of the others in the series, because it was more physical then an emotional connection.

Devoured by Darkness was an ok read in the series. We get appearances from characters from past books and a big bad that is coming. I’m curious to find out what happens next.

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
This book was fun to read, exciting really. Filled with flight scenes, fighting scenes, and intense moments this book captured my attention until it ran out of words. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This is the first book in this series that I've read and also the first one by this author. I loved it! It was one of the most enjoyable PR's that I have read in awhile. I am going to read more in this series.

Layla was chosen to protect a baby from evil, since she is half human and half Jinn, there are other creatures who are hunting for her. One of them is Tane, a vampire, who of course, is sexy, and he is also a unique vamp. When these two meet the sparks really fly,(lol)but they both have to fight battles that are both internal and external!! I love the sense of humor in this, as well as the storyline. A definite favorite of mine. ( )
  JoBDo | Jan 2, 2016 |
If you like paranormal romance, this book is worth giving a try. Somehow it just didn't appeal to me all that much, but it was an okay read. ( )
  ShannaRedwind | Mar 31, 2013 |
Layla was tiered.

Laylah, a half-human, half-demon jinn who is trying to protect a child who may be the catalyst in a war between good and evil, binds herself to Tane, a Charon sworn to hunt and kill rogue vampires, who has been hired to capture her.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,484,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible