Magic Tree House #02: The Knight at Dawn by…

Magic Tree House #02: The Knight at Dawn (1993)

by Mary Pope Osborne

Other authors: Sal Murdocca (Illustrator)

Series: Magic Tree House (2)

I would recommend this book to other people. This is a short book to read but it is a good book that keeps your attention. A magic tree house that whisks them to the middle ages where they find peacocks for dinner and boys in skirts. ( )
  akf97 | Oct 20, 2015 |
I liked this book for many reasons, but the biggest one was that it was a childhood favorite of mine. I loved it cause of the fantasy aspect of the book and that it was a short chapter book for young readers. Even though the book had few illustrations I found them very helpful and interesting for students. Those are the main things that I enjoyed about this book.
  Ekelle8 | May 1, 2015 |
At night all the nights come out and help people they are like ninja's but better. Annie and Jack are brother and sister's and one day they were walking in the woods and they saw a tree house but the thing they did not know was that it was a magic tree house. So Annie told jack to come up with her but jack said no it is getting late so Annie said ok see you at home. Jack said no we have to stick together so Annie was half way to the top so jack just followed her up the magic tree house. When they got up they looked at all the books that were up there and Annie saw a book about knight's and she said that she want's to go there so the tree house started to spin and spinning faster and once the tree house stopped they looked out side and they saw that they were not at home anymore they were a place with lots of knights. Jack said why are there lots of knights out and Annie said I do not know why don't we ask one of them. Good idea Annie. Excuse me there why are there lots of knights out said Jack, Because at night there is a thing called knight's at dawn and that is where us knights help other people that need help. So if you need help just ask one of us knight's. ( )
  sarahmetcalf | Jan 12, 2015 |
This is the second book. Jack and Annie are still figuring out the magic tree house. They travel to medieval times and see a castle in the dark. They read about moats and knights and a feast. Annie runs to find out more. They get caught and are thrown into jail but Annie uses her flashlight to trick the guards. Jack finds a trap door and falls into the moat. A knight in shining armor takes them back to the treehouse and they make the wish to come home. Jack writes down that he sees an M on the book mark and that lines up with the medallion with an M on it from their previous adventure. Who is "M"?
  mollybeaver | Dec 11, 2014 |
As a child, and still as an adult, The Magic Tree House series will always be amazing! I loved reading this second adventure of the series that Jack and Annie go on. The first reason why I liked this book (and the rest of the series) was because it is a fun adventure that takes the readers back in time to historical different events that have happened. In this specific story, Jack and Annie go back in time to the Knights and Castles. They get taken to the dungeon by the guards of the castle until they escape down the secret passage, etc. The next reason why I liked this book was because it allows the reader to imagine the exciteful and eventful journey that Jack and Annie go on. The reader can feel as if they are on the journey with them. Because this book has so much to do with magic and fantasy, the reader can also wonder if those things truly happen or if it is all made up! The last reason why I liked this book was because although it is a chapter book, it is geared more towards younger readers who are just beginning to read more complex books. This book has very big font on the pages, and even includes some black and white illustrations throughout. The main idea of this specific Magic Tree House book was to accompany Jack and Annie on their journey with The Knight. ( )
  margan1 | Nov 19, 2014 |

Mary Pope Osborneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Murdocca, SalIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Nathaniel Pope
Jack couldn't sleep.
The Knight at Dawn is the US title
Castle of Mystery is the UK title.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 067982412X, Paperback)

Jack and Annie are ready for their next fantasy adventure in the bestselling middle-grade series—the Magic Tree House!

A castle with a secret passage!

That's what Jack and Annie find when the Magic Tree House whisks them back to the Middle Ages for another wild adventure. In the Great Hall of the castle, a feast is under way. But Jack and Annie aren't exactly welcome guests!

Visit the Magic Tree House website!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:49 -0400)

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie use the magic treehouse to travel back to the Middle Ages, where they explore a castle and are helped by a mysterious knight.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,887,889 books! | Top bar: Always visible