The Knight at Dawn by Mary Pope Osborne

The Knight at Dawn (1993)

by Mary Pope Osborne

i loved the book. it was good. it was a dark night Annie went into jacks room and said lets go in the magic tree house. they went to the magic tree house. pointed to a castle in a book. he said i want to go their. so they did. they seen a knight on a black horse. they they explored the castle. the knights caught them. the through them i the dongen. they found a room with a trapdoor they bought ought in a puddle. the black night gave them a ride to the tree house and that was the end of this edvrnter.
  cameron.m.b1 | Nov 13, 2014 |
I loved this book! Another great read and the author does a great job of keeping the readers interested. After reading this, I felt that I was put on an adventure with the main characters, Jack and Annie. I love the mystery that every new book brings and the efforts that the authors put into each new book in order to keep children engaged and aware of each new conflict, change of scenery, or mishap. These are great beginner chapter books to start for readers that are more advanced and can separate their readings into chapters and more extensive vocabulary. The Magic Tree House series utilizes familiar words and repetitive patterns that help students follow along. This book also helps capture times in history that were memorable/important. For example, in this book, Jack and Annie travel back to medieval times. A lot of imagery is used and imaginary details that make room for pretend play and recognition. There are no pictures used in this chapter book. The author separates each chapter with a new title that signals the end of one event and the start to another. This helps readers understand that a book is not one continuation of words and that there are basic literacy recognition skills such as pauses, spaces, and transitions. ( )
  eoertl1 | Sep 23, 2014 |
I finally got around to reading the first five books of the Magic Tree House series, and I have to say that these are perfect for my early chapter book readers. We’ve got a boy and a girl main character...check. We’ve got adventure and action...check. We’ve got readable text...check. What more could I ask for? ( )
  debnance | Jun 27, 2014 |
Book two down. Takes about 20-30 minutes to read. Very simply written and great for new chapter book readers. ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
I loved reading The Magic Treehouse series as an elementary school student, and as I read this book, I had flashbacks of reading it when I was younger. This is one of my favorite series and I really enjoyed reading this book again. One reason I liked this book is because of the different fonts used throughout the book, which made it visually appealing and interesting. There were three types of fonts used: one standard font for the actual text of the book, one font resembling handwriting from Jack’s notebook, and another font for the captions and blurbs from the book on knights and castles that Jack and Annie found. It helped to break up the text and make it more engaging for the reader. Another reason I liked this book is because of the suspenseful aspects incorporated into the plot, which were effective even for an older reader like me. For example, the knights chase Jack and Annie throughout the castle and Jack and Annie swim through a moat which may have crocodiles. I think the main idea of this story is to build intrigue for next adventure of Jack and Annie, as this book is part of a series and ends with a question about why the items in the treehouse have “M” written on them. I think another main idea of this text could be that adventures are waiting to happen all around you if you just take a chance. ( )
  apetru5 | Apr 23, 2014 |
For Nathaniel Pope
Jack couldn't sleep.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 067982412X, Paperback)

Jack and Annie are ready for their next fantasy adventure in the bestselling middle-grade series—the Magic Tree House!

A castle with a secret passage!

That's what Jack and Annie find when the Magic Tree House whisks them back to the Middle Ages for another wild adventure. In the Great Hall of the castle, a feast is under way. But Jack and Annie aren't exactly welcome guests!

Visit the Magic Tree House website!
MagicTreeHouse.com

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:43 -0400)

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie use the magic treehouse to travel back to the Middle Ages, where they explore a castle and are helped by a mysterious knight.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,922,553 books! | Top bar: Always visible