The Knight at Dawn by Mary Pope Osborne

The Knight at Dawn (1993)

by Mary Pope Osborne

This is the second book. Jack and Annie are still figuring out the magic tree house. They travel to medieval times and see a castle in the dark. They read about moats and knights and a feast. Annie runs to find out more. They get caught and are thrown into jail but Annie uses her flashlight to trick the guards. Jack finds a trap door and falls into the moat. A knight in shining armor takes them back to the treehouse and they make the wish to come home. Jack writes down that he sees an M on the book mark and that lines up with the medallion with an M on it from their previous adventure. Who is "M"?
  mollybeaver | Dec 11, 2014 |
As a child, and still as an adult, The Magic Tree House series will always be amazing! I loved reading this second adventure of the series that Jack and Annie go on. The first reason why I liked this book (and the rest of the series) was because it is a fun adventure that takes the readers back in time to historical different events that have happened. In this specific story, Jack and Annie go back in time to the Knights and Castles. They get taken to the dungeon by the guards of the castle until they escape down the secret passage, etc. The next reason why I liked this book was because it allows the reader to imagine the exciteful and eventful journey that Jack and Annie go on. The reader can feel as if they are on the journey with them. Because this book has so much to do with magic and fantasy, the reader can also wonder if those things truly happen or if it is all made up! The last reason why I liked this book was because although it is a chapter book, it is geared more towards younger readers who are just beginning to read more complex books. This book has very big font on the pages, and even includes some black and white illustrations throughout. The main idea of this specific Magic Tree House book was to accompany Jack and Annie on their journey with The Knight. ( )
  margan1 | Nov 19, 2014 |
i loved the book. it was good. it was a dark night Annie went into jacks room and said lets go in the magic tree house. they went to the magic tree house. pointed to a castle in a book. he said i want to go their. so they did. they seen a knight on a black horse. they they explored the castle. the knights caught them. the through them i the dongen. they found a room with a trapdoor they bought ought in a puddle. the black night gave them a ride to the tree house and that was the end of this edvrnter.
  cameron.m.b1 | Nov 13, 2014 |
I loved this book! Another great read and the author does a great job of keeping the readers interested. After reading this, I felt that I was put on an adventure with the main characters, Jack and Annie. I love the mystery that every new book brings and the efforts that the authors put into each new book in order to keep children engaged and aware of each new conflict, change of scenery, or mishap. These are great beginner chapter books to start for readers that are more advanced and can separate their readings into chapters and more extensive vocabulary. The Magic Tree House series utilizes familiar words and repetitive patterns that help students follow along. This book also helps capture times in history that were memorable/important. For example, in this book, Jack and Annie travel back to medieval times. A lot of imagery is used and imaginary details that make room for pretend play and recognition. There are no pictures used in this chapter book. The author separates each chapter with a new title that signals the end of one event and the start to another. This helps readers understand that a book is not one continuation of words and that there are basic literacy recognition skills such as pauses, spaces, and transitions. ( )
  eoertl1 | Sep 23, 2014 |
I finally got around to reading the first five books of the Magic Tree House series, and I have to say that these are perfect for my early chapter book readers. We’ve got a boy and a girl main character...check. We’ve got adventure and action...check. We’ve got readable text...check. What more could I ask for? ( )
  debnance | Jun 27, 2014 |
For Nathaniel Pope
Jack couldn't sleep.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 067982412X, Paperback)

Jack and Annie are ready for their next fantasy adventure in the bestselling middle-grade series—the Magic Tree House!

A castle with a secret passage!

That's what Jack and Annie find when the Magic Tree House whisks them back to the Middle Ages for another wild adventure. In the Great Hall of the castle, a feast is under way. But Jack and Annie aren't exactly welcome guests!

Visit the Magic Tree House website!
MagicTreeHouse.com

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:43 -0400)

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie use the magic treehouse to travel back to the Middle Ages, where they explore a castle and are helped by a mysterious knight.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,381,704 books! | Top bar: Always visible