The Magic School Bus at the Waterworks by…

The Magic School Bus at the Waterworks (1986)

by Joanna Cole

When Ms. Frizzle, the strangest teacher in school, takes her class on a field trip to the waterworks, everyone ends up experiencing the water purification system from the inside.

English (31)  Spanish (1)  All languages (32)
$5.86
  CapitalCityPCS | Sep 20, 2019 |
This book could serve as a guided reading book when it comes to discussing characteristic events and sequencing. It also provides group conversation for water conservation and pollution. The author and illustrator choose to include story elements to a scientific text in order to make the book easy to follow and relatable. Because of this, the guided reading group could discuss how the author includes story elements and what kind of connections the reader has to the text and the story. As a guided reading book, I would take more time with it since it is longer and lengthier, however I think it provides multiple discussions for a group which is helpful. ( )
  LydiaHarrison | Mar 25, 2019 |
I gave this book a 5/5 star review. I think this is a really good book to focus on comprehension questions. It gives a lot of background information to explain what is going on in the book. As the book moves forward it gives you explicit instructions as to how this happens. It makes it so the students have to critically think about what is happening in the book. I think this is a good way to make sure your students are understanding what is happening in the classroom. I think that I would use this in my class to be sure that students are understanding the concepts. There is a lot of information around the text that students can read to get more information then the story has. There are a lot of smaller bubbles that explain more of the story. ( )
  TaylorBond | Mar 11, 2019 |
Ms. Frizzle takes her class on the magic school bus to visit the waterworks, where they learn about - and briefly become part of - the water cycle, the reservoir, the water purification system, and water mains. In addition to the main narrative, there are plenty of additional facts, presented as the children's comments or schoolwork. Informative and fun! ( )
  JennyArch | Jan 28, 2019 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Mar 8, 2017 |

Joanna Coleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Degen, BruceIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Our class really has bad luck.
"Before long, each kid was the size of a raindrop. In fact, each kid was in a raindrop. The drops began to fall.  Ms. Frizzle's class was raining!"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,823,589 books! | Top bar: Always visible