The Magic School Bus at the Waterworks by…

The Magic School Bus at the Waterworks (1986)

by Joanna Cole

English (27)  Spanish (1)  All languages (28)
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Mar 8, 2017 |
they discuss the different aspects to how water works and how humans are able to use the water.
2 books
  TUCC | Oct 24, 2016 |
In my opinion this is a great book for children to read if they are interested in finding out about how the waterworks system works. I liked this book because although you are learning about the waterworks system while reading, the book is written in a story form so that it is more interesting to read. I also liked the book because along with the actual text, there are speech bubbles that show the conversation between the children and teacher whilst they are on the school trip. This makes it more interesting for children to read because it is written in the way children speak and therefore in my opinion, makes it easier for children to relate too. ( )
  dberry6 | Sep 25, 2016 |
I would use this book for a fourth grade class when talking about the water cycle and how our city gets water. This book is a fun way to give accurate information, and can be used instead of the text book for this section. After teaching the book and the science unit, I would have my students complete the same activity that Ms. Frizzle's class did, and make a water chart.
  TaylorWebb | Apr 17, 2016 |
I believe this book would be appropriate for a lower elementary classroom. This book focuses on the many aspects of the water cycle, touching on evaporation, condensation, precipitation, and accumulation.This book would be a great informational text for a kindergarten classroom as they begin to learn about the weather and climate. After reading this book, students can create their own diorama of a water cycle using a cup, water, and plastic wrap. The students could then record their findings in their journal or create a poster demonstrating the process and outcomes they observed.
  Emily.Clark | Apr 16, 2016 |

Joanna Coleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Degen, BruceIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Our class really has bad luck.
"Before long, each kid was the size of a raindrop. In fact, each kid was in a raindrop. The drops began to fall.  Ms. Frizzle's class was raining!"

To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Scholastic is re-releasing the ten original Magic School Bus titles in paperback. With updated scientific information, the bestselling science series ever is back!

The classic title that started the award-winning series! Join Ms. Frizzle and her students as they follow the trail of water, from its sky-high source to the school bathroom sink on this wet and wild fieldtrip. After parking the school bus on a cloud and shrinking to raindrop size, Ms. Frizzle's class gets to see the waterworks from the water's point of view.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:45 -0400)

When Ms. Frizzle, the strangest teacher in school, takes her class on a field trip to the waterworks, everyone ends up experiencing the water purification system from the inside.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,979,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible