A Fairy Tale For Gwyn by Linda Poitevin

A Fairy Tale For Gwyn

by Linda Poitevin

421,664,912 (4)None

This was a sweet story. It had its share of drama and heartache, but also hope and love.

Gwyn has 3 kids and does not want to let a man come close. Totally understandable cos her ex was an ass. She is hardworking and loves her kids. They are a perfect family (which means normal, messy and real.) Then she meets a guy, a famous actor. Yes not really the man of her dreams. But Gareth has his own soul searching going on. I did like the way they fell for each other. It felt real. She was not like the airheads he was used to meeting. And with the whole drama he had going on I am sure it helped to fall for her.

But yes I have mentioned drama. He is a famous actor, she is a nobody with 3 kids. He lives far far way, her whole life is in Canada. She can't just let anyone come in to their life when she has kids, she had to think about them too. And he has a secret. But the title has ever after in it, it's not a spoiler that things will work out and the ending was cute. Very movie like.

A sweet (I said it again! lol) story that I read fast. Love is always wonderful. And I liked him homey it felt. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
This was a very sweet, adorable contemporary romance. I loved the premise and found myself wrapped up in it right from the beginning. Gwyn and Gareth were both wonderful characters. I loved that the underlying theme was the fairy tale romance; single mother of three attracts the attention of a movie star, even though she doesn't believe in happily ever afters.

Though I found much of it to be wonderful, it was flawed. I didn't understand why the heroine all of a sudden become mute halfway through the book. She stuttered and stumbled and and blushed, but didn't speak. Where's the strong woman I was beginning to love from the 1st half of the book? And why didn't the hero just tell her his secret? In the beginning his reasons were understandable, but I have no idea why he kept them so long.

While I appreciate her wanting to protect her kids, her logic is very flawed. Breaking off a relationship to save her kids from possible heartache in the future is beyond sketchy. I'd have had more respect for her if she'd had a real reason, instead of a contrived one.

Luckily she realized her mistaken thinking and set about making it right. In the end I can't help but feel this book is a hidden gem. Even though it had flaws, I stayed up late and finished it in one sitting. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |

Linda Poitevin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,242,912 books! | Top bar: Always visible