I Heart Hollywood by Lindsey Kelk

I Heart Hollywood

by Lindsey Kelk

Series: I heart (2)

This is perfectly adequate chick lit but with no noticeable depth and a sadly charmless heroine - which doesn't help. There's nothing really wrong with it, but Angela doesn't have the pizzazz to hold the plotline together and I simply wasn't interested in her or her problems. It's almost as if the author just ticked off the boxes required for a chick lit novel without taking the time to write it. Plus there's so much vomiting and shopping that I became utterly exhausted with it all and longed for a quiet night in front of the telly.

That said, the Hollywood superstar started out being fun though soon became subsumed by cliche. Oh well. ( )
  AnneBrooke | Aug 14, 2013 |
I found this book pretty disappointing and far too stressful to enjoy reading it. So many unfortunate misunderstandings happen and Angela is horribly naive - I did read through to the end with the hope I'd enjoy it more but even the closing pages made me feel very frustrated. A real shame, just not my kind of book. ( )
  juniperjungle | Apr 16, 2013 |
  juniperjungle | Apr 16, 2013 |
So far this series of books have been fun to read. I really enjoyed reading this book and at times you couldn't predict what was coming next so it kept my interest. This series is worth reading so far, can't wait to get the 3rd book. ( )
  askum | Oct 30, 2012 |
I loved everything about this book, it was funny, easy to get into, had unexpected surprises and was the perfect summer read, I preferred this book to I heart new york, now I can't wait for I heart paris! ( )
  Jasprit | May 11, 2012 |

Celebs, sunshine and beautiful boys...enough to lead a girl astray? Angela Clark can,t believe her luck...she,s an English girl living in New York with a dream job at hip magazine The Look and a sexy boyfriend. Her latest assignment takes her to Hollywood to interview hot actor and fellow Brit James Jacobs.Thrown in at the deep end she heads west with best friend Jenny dreaming of Rodeo Drive and Malibu beach. Soon Angela discovers that celebrity life in Hollywood is not all glamour, gloss and sunshine. Despite his lady-killer reputation, the only person who seems genuine is James. Then a paparazzi snaps them in an uncompromising position and suddenly Angela is thrust into the spotlight for all the wrong reasons...Can she convince all those close to her - especially her boss and her boyfriend - not to believe everything they read? And will Hollywood ever win Angela,s heart?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:35 -0400)

Angela Clark can't believe her luck - she's an English girl living in New York with a dream job and a sexy boyfriend. Her latest assignment takes her to Hollywood. Will the sun-drenched glamour of Hollywood win her heart?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,555,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible