Mürrische Monster: Roman by Royce…

Mürrische Monster: Roman (2009)

by Royce Buckingham

This book started off in the 1700's in Ireland. George is writing about his master's return. His master, the Demon Keeper had disappeared for a month and they thought he was dead. He tells George he survived by eating the bugs that infested his ship and yet he lost all of the demons he had captured. George realizes something has changed in his master. His last entry tells us his master has become a demoneater.
Fast forward to current Seattle and we once again find Nat, Richie and Sandy together. When a giant cement troll under a bridge disappears they realize that something is seriously wrong in Seattle. We meet Lilli,a young hippie type who is also looking for the Troll. Sandy is jealous of Lilli. Nat realizes that Lillie is a Demon Keeper. She considers herself a collector. She collects all of the colorful peaceful demons. Nat on the other hand hunts the more mischievous demons. Lilli has been keeping a secret. She only tells Nat, Sandy and Richie about it when her demons are killed. She has known for quite some time that something was stalking her and now she has led it to Seattle. Sandy is furious and points out that Nat, his house and his demons are now at risk. You must read this book to find out if he can rescue them and find out who or what the Demoneater is. I loved how the tension was taken up a notch. I am finding that I don't like Nat very much. He tends to talk down to Richie at times. He is also a very insensitive boyfriend. Lilli came across too strong toward Nat at the beginning of the book. This dysfunctional family of four seem to have real issues with relationships. One thing that made me really love this book was the way the author used demons to explain events in history. Demons Wedge and Char were responsible for the Great San Francisco earthquake and fire, or the Great Chicago Fire. I loved getting a better look at some of the demons. ( )
  skstiles612 | Sep 30, 2012 |
This book was great! I grabbed me from the first page and did not let go. I am looking forward to reading the next one in this series. It had a great beginning and a wonderful ending. It features some misfits, of course demons and a bit of jealousy. However most all is worked out before the ending. If you would like a good read this is one book that I would recommend. ( )
  jaynep140 | Mar 30, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,691,645 books! | Top bar: Always visible