You Can't Stop Me by Max Allan Collins

You Can't Stop Me

by Max Allan Collins, Matthew Clemens (Author)

Synopsis: JC Harrow is working crowd control when a gunman tried to assassinate the president. His quick thinking keeps this from happening, however later that day he returns home to find his family murdered. There are no clues; Harrow vows to find the killer. In the process he becomes the leader of a TV show that tracks down criminals. Eventually, one of his staff finds a clue that reveals a serial killer that may have begun with Harrow's family.
Review: I might have liked this better if I hadn't already seen it on TV as an episode (or several) of Criminal Minds. ( )
  DrLed | Nov 29, 2015 |
Basically, I liked the storyline and J.C.Harrow has definite possibilities! I was a little disappointed with the predictability of the story, but then I've always preferred books with twists and surprises. I would have liked to have seen a bit more depth of character, but overall enjoyed the book enough that I read it completely. I believe this is a first novel for this author and if that is the case, I would definitely be interested in reading the second one. ( )
  KarensStories | Apr 22, 2014 |
3.5 stars. This was a very good, interesting mystery story. Not as much action as his Quarry novels, but better in many ways. The look into the twisted motivations of a serial killer & the exciting way the story played out were riveting. The setting was different - a take off of Alan Walsh's example. I liked the early CSI TV shows (Collins writes novelizations of them) & this story is similar. Well worth reading. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Jun 19, 2013 |
Former sheriff Harrow comes home from saving the POTUS and discovers his dead wife and son. He starts a reality crime show (similar to America’s Most Wanted) and receives information that will help him go after the killer of his family. This is incorporated into his show. It sounds cheesy, but this was a “can’t put it down” book. Each chapter kept me wanting to go on to the next. ( )
  macjest | May 2, 2012 |
At first the reality show concept was interesting. Then it just became annoying. I wanted more action without some strange sort of characters running around with a camera to solve murders. Don't get me wrong, I loved the story concept, but the TV aspect sort of ruined it. However, the conspiracy theories and the killer's motives were interesting. If possible I'd rather give this story a 3.5 instead of just a plain old three. ( )
  highflyer | Jan 3, 2012 |

Max Allan Collinsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Clemens, MatthewAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786021349, Mass Market Paperback)

Small-town sheriff J.C. Harrow made headlines when he apprehended a would-be presidential assassin - only to come home that night and find his wife and son brutally murdered. This tragic twist of fate launched his career as the host of reality TV's smash-hit, "Crime Seen"! But while media star Harrow tracks down dangerous criminals coast to coast - with the help of viewers' tips - a killer with a twisted agenda is making his own bloody path to fame.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:49 -0400)

Small-town sheriff J. C. Harrow made headlines when he apprehended a would-be presidential assassin - only to come home that night and find his wife and son brutally murdered. This tragic twist of fate launched his career as the host of reality TV's smash hit, Crime Seen! But while Harrow tracks down dangerous criminals coast to coast - with the help of viewers' tips - a killer with a twisted agenda is making his own bloody path to fame.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,416,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible