Unraveled by Gena Showalter

Unraveled

by Gena Showalter

Series: Intertwined (2)

fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
I read the first book in this series and enjoyed it enough that I wanted to read this next book in this series. I picked up a copy back when it was released. I started reading it and got about half way. However something happened and my interest got lost along the way. I stopped reading and this book ended up in my long pile of to be read books. I would pass this book many times and thought I need to pick this book up again and finish it. I finally did and at this time I started from the beginning as it had been so long ago since I read this book. Well I did get about half way again but this time it seemed that it took me a lot longer to get to the half way mark. over this book and jumped to the last few chapters. To be honest the ending was not as I had hoped and I was kind of glad that I had not spent all of my time reading this book to get to this ending. Even though I lost interest in this series, I still do enjoy reading this author's books. ( )
  Cherylk | Jan 31, 2016 |
2.5 I am quitting at page 200. I forced myself to read the first and gave the series another chance. I just don't care about the characters. The story is good and it has a lot going on, perhaps too much there is no center. It still has that tween feel, not quite teen. Time to give up when I dread picking it up. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Ok, well, ummmm, after I read intertwined, I was looking forward to the next book, as I started reading this book, it got kinda boring till somewhere in the middle. I liked how Aden could tame the beasts, and I liked that this novel featured a caring guy, with souls trapped in his head, that was definitely something new and original. What I really didn't like was the ending. I was reading it at school, and when I finished I wanted to throw it on the ground, stomp all over it and cry and scream...but I didn't...
I hated that Aden no longer has the souls trapped on his head! The souls were part of Aden, he was entertaining and Caleb and Elijah were awesome. But now, he gives that up and gets Victoria's beast instead!!!!! What if now that he has a beast trapped inside, the beasts don't like him anymore, and he just turns into another normal vampire?!!!
I am begging that not to happen!!! I'm on my knees!! Look what this book is doing to me!! Maybe I should listen to others and stop reading entirely...
Ahhhhhh!!!
I hate this!!!
I not the only one right?
Tell me I'm not the only one!?
I am seriously hoping that in the next book Aden will find a way to reclaim the souls, and still be able to tame the beasts, if not, I think...I don't know...I never give up on books... ( )
  elizabeth1929 | Oct 6, 2015 |
can't wait for twisted (sept 2011) ( )
  bubblyair | Nov 28, 2013 |

Gena Showalterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Almasy, JessicaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Again, this one is for the real Haden, Seth, Chloe, Riley, Victoria, Nathan, Meagan, Parks, Lauren, Stephanie, Brittany and Brianna. Notice that none of your characters have sprouted horns and tails. I can't promise it won't happen in the next book, but I can tell you that Auntie GeeGee can be bribed....

This one is also for fellow authors Jill Monroe, Kresley Cole and P.C. Cast. I know, I know. You see their names in all my dedications. But I promise you, they deserve every bit of praise. A writer's life is often solitary and those three talented beauties remind me that there's a world outside my computer--and that there's a party nearby with my name on it.

This one is also for my amazing editor and darling friend, Margo Lipschultz. This woman continually goes above and beyond the call of duty for me. Her insights are brilliant and I'm a better writer because of her!

This one is also for The Awesome, aka Natashya Wilson, another amazing editor and advocate in my corner. This lady rocks!

Also, to Harlequin for always being willing to take a chance on my (weird) ideas. To my family for the continued support. And to YOU, my readers. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Despite everything I said above, though, this book--like Intertwined--is mostly dedicated to me. What? Writing is hard.
Aden Stone thrashed on his bed, his sheets falling to the floor.

Since coming to Crossroads, Oklahoma, former outcast Aden Stone has been living the good life. Never mind that one of his best friends is a werewolf, his girlfriend is a vampire princess who hungers for his blood, and he's supposed to be crowned Vampire King--while still a human! Well, kind of. With four--oops, three now--human souls living inside his head, Aden has always been 'different' himself. These souls can time-travel, raise the dead, possess another's mind and, his least favorite these days, tell the future. The forecast for Aden? A knife through the heart. Because a war is brewing between the creatures of the dark, and Aden is somehow at the center of it all. But he isn't about to lie down and accept his destiny without a fight. Not when his new friends have his back, not when Victoria has risked her own future to be with him, and not when he has a reason to live for the first time in his life.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,965,468 books! | Top bar: Always visible