Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (2008)

by Eric Litwin

Other authors: James Dean (Illustrator)

Series: Pete the Cat (1)

1,072677,795 ()5

This is a good introductory book for emerging readers. It has repetition and rhythm, and allows students to comprehend meaning and words of book. It also has a good moral behind the story to stay positive and love what you have! ( )
  Kc3133 | Feb 11, 2015 |
Summary
Pete, the cat, goes for a walk in his new white shoes while singing, "I love my white shoes." (Times three) He accidentally steps in strawberries. The author ask the children (audience) what color the strawberries turned Pete’s white shoes, which is red. But stepping in strawberries didn't ruin his good mood, he kept walking and singing his song, “I love my red shoes." (Times three) the. He's steps in blueberries, mud, and water and each time keeping his good mood and continuing to walk and singing his song, "I love my ______ shoes." (Times three)

Personal opinion
I enjoyed reading this book because the children loved it. The children participated during the book by answering the questions and singing along with me. Throughout the day I heard a couple of kids singing, “I love my ______ shoes."
Pete the Cat has series of books which help children with counting and also holiday books. (Super excited to read them!)

Extension
I saw some really cool activities but the ones I would like to try are a shoe sorting and a feet painting. The shoe sort: we will take off our shoes and put them all in one pile then we would find all the matching pairs. Feet painting: get a long piece of butcher paper, set out containers with different colored paints inside and the last container with water, have the children take of their shoes and socks and walk along the butcher paper with their painted feet.
  BrittanyCanales | Feb 11, 2015 |
Absolutely in love with Pete the Cat! I want to read more of these and will ask for these fun reads so I can put them into my classroom. This book in particular reminded me no the sweat the small stuff. A lighthearted message about taking it easy and appreciate what you have all while maintaining a positive attitude.
  ecm014 | Dec 1, 2014 |
This book is and absolutely amazing, because it instantly hooks the reader. I could use this book with young readers to demonstrate how to make and confirm predictions. This book also, gives the reader a lot of opportunity to read with expression. There is also, a CD that goes with this book. ( )
  Spinea1 | Nov 29, 2014 |
Recommended by Jill Graboski (Newton). Large, bright illustrations show dark blue Pete the Cat with a neutral expression throughout. Does staining his new white shoes red (with strawberries), blue (with blueberries), brown (with mud), or white - but wet - with water bother Pete? No, it does not - he just changes his song a little. ( )
  JennyArch | Nov 21, 2014 |

Eric Litwinprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061906220, Hardcover)

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song...because it's all good.

Ages: 3 - 7

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:04 -0400)

Pete the Cat gets into colorful adventures while out walking in his new white shoes.

216 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,670,404 books! | Top bar: Always visible