Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Eric Litwin, James Dean (Illustrator)

1,519874,862 (4.36)8
Title:Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
Authors:Eric Litwin
Other authors:James Dean (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 40 pages

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin (Author) (2008)

Pete the Cat shows that no matter what negative problem you face, if you look at it in a positive light, everything will be okay! I believe that this is an important message to teach to children. ( )
  laurenkt | Oct 22, 2016 |
Pete the Cat I love my White Shoes is a wonderful book to use with early childhood students. The text is simple and engaging for the children. They love predicting what color Pete's shoes will turn after he steps in a variety of things.

The best part is the message of...Should we cry? "Goodness No" we just keep walking along and singing our song. ( )
  shelbyray | Oct 7, 2016 |
Pete the Cat is awesome! I am a very musical person, so I love the music aspect the author uses in the books.The language the author uses in the book is very comical and age appropriate! This book is a fun way to teach children about colors!
  TaylorAtkinson | Sep 29, 2016 |
I had mixed feelings about this book after reading it. I liked the songs in the book because it made the story engaging and fun. I think children would really enjoy getting to sing along while reading the book. The reason I had mixed feelings about the book was because, even though the songs in the book were cute, it became somewhat repetitive. Pete the Cat was just walking down the street and kept stepping in different colored things that changed the colors of his shoes. A song was followed by singing "I love my red/ blue/ brown shoes." After reading basically the same thing over and over again it became boring. The message behind this book was to not let the little things bring you down. Every time Pete would step into something and get it on his shoes they would ask if he was gonna cry and he replied "Goodness, no." Pete the Cat was always positive. ( )
  mbands4 | Sep 21, 2016 |
Serving as the original "Pete the Cat" book, this book is cute, fun, and will bring smiles and enthusiasm to young readers. This book is repetitive, which keeps students engaged and allows them to sing along once they get the hang of the storyline. This story also helps students practice their color words. The unique, mellow, carefree attitude of Pete the Cat is one that children will love to read about. ( )
  hannahlowe | Sep 8, 2016 |

Litwin, EricAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061906220, Hardcover)

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song...because it's all good.

Ages: 3 - 7

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:07 -0400)

Pete the Cat gets into colorful adventures while out walking in his new white shoes.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,732,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible