Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Eric Litwin, James Dean (Illustrator)

Member:Palm_Harbor_Library
Title:Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
Authors:Eric Litwin
Other authors:James Dean (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin (2008)

Absolutely in love with Pete the Cat! I want to read more of these and will ask for these fun reads so I can put them into my classroom. This book in particular reminded me no the sweat the small stuff. A lighthearted message about taking it easy and appreciate what you have all while maintaining a positive attitude.
  ecm014 | Dec 1, 2014 |
This book is and absolutely amazing, because it instantly hooks the reader. I could use this book with young readers to demonstrate how to make and confirm predictions. This book also, gives the reader a lot of opportunity to read with expression. There is also, a CD that goes with this book. ( )
  Spinea1 | Nov 29, 2014 |
Recommended by Jill Graboski (Newton). Large, bright illustrations show dark blue Pete the Cat with a neutral expression throughout. Does staining his new white shoes red (with strawberries), blue (with blueberries), brown (with mud), or white - but wet - with water bother Pete? No, it does not - he just changes his song a little. ( )
  JennyArch | Nov 21, 2014 |
This book is pretty good. I think it is a great book to make a child love reading, but doesn’t make the reader think about any issue or bigger idea. The plot flows, and we get to know Pete pretty well throughout the story. The main message is positive attitude, as Pete the Cat walks through town and loves his shoes no matter what color they turn. He sings a song over and over, which is a great way to gain reader involvement. ( )
  tburfe1 | Nov 11, 2014 |
Everyone loves Pete the Cat. This must be a part of any Pre-K and Kindergarten class library as well as the school's library collection. This is a simple to read yet catchy book that kids love. When I read it to students they already know the words and we sing and sing while we read. Teachers can use this book to help beginning readers start the learning process. It is also a great book to use when teaching children colors. ( )
  SalleyGirl1 | Oct 4, 2014 |

Eric Litwinprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061906220, Hardcover)

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song...because it's all good.

Ages: 3 - 7

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:04 -0400)

Pete the Cat gets into colorful adventures while out walking in his new white shoes.

216 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,475,853 books! | Top bar: Always visible