Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Eric Litwin, James Dean (Illustrator)

Member:Palm_Harbor_Library
Title:Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
Authors:Eric Litwin
Other authors:James Dean (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin (Author) (2008)

Well, ok, um, doesn't transcend intended demographic well? Cute enough, but even though I like Pete's mellow & groovy attitude, I just wasn't all that impressed by the book. Going online to hear the song didn't help, either, unfortunately. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I'm enjoying this book much more than I thought I would. My grandson likes it immensely, making me read it more than once in the same day. He loves when I sing parts of it as well. He himself can identify with the part of the story in which Pete the cat's shoes turn brown from the mud. The illustrations are adorable and the cat's remarks (i.e. Groovy! Awesome! etc.) are quite fun. This is a just right book for young children who love cats and are learning colors. ( )
  SqueakyChu | May 5, 2016 |
Pete the Cat books are great for children. I love this one in particular because the author sends such a great message of no matter what happens during your day, you should always keep going and be positive. ( )
  alissanelson | Mar 9, 2016 |
Pete the Cat starts out in the book with white shoes, and throughout his day runs into piles of different colors in which his shoes change into that color. This is another book that focuses on not getting upset over little things and being able to overcome them and be happy with what you have.

I like this book because it also has a big focus on colors, which is always important to review with students, too. ( )
  cbuquet5 | Mar 9, 2016 |
This story is awesome! I love the songs the cat sings about his shoes each time they change color and how Pete just goes with the flow as things change. The moral of the story is the best at the end. This a must read and one that you will enjoy re-reading and sharing with others! ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |

Litwin, EricAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061906220, Hardcover)

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song...because it's all good.

Ages: 3 - 7

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:07 -0400)

Pete the Cat gets into colorful adventures while out walking in his new white shoes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,527,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible