Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Eric Litwin, James Dean (Illustrator)

Member:Palm_Harbor_Library
Title:Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
Authors:Eric Litwin
Other authors:James Dean (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin (Author) (2008)

Love this book! It is very engaging especially with preschoolers! Helps with fluency as there is a lot of repetition. I would recommend using the CD version while holding up the book for pictures, the kiddos love it! Might be a little hard to sit still on circle time, so expect tons of giggly movements from them! ( )
  cindybenavente | Jan 16, 2017 |
This book is a picture book that could be told by a younger child who was not able to read yet. They could easily pick up on words that repeat every couple of pages. He goes through his colors of shoes and how they change color. He lets nothing bother him each time his shoes get dirty. He just keeps singing his song because it's all good! You could expand on this book by mixing paint colors to get another color. You could review the names of colors. You sing parts of this book, there is a song to it on YouTube. ( )
  AmandaMcClure | Jan 10, 2017 |
I enjoyed this book because the text was very engaging. This book is about a cat named Pete who wears white shoes, but ends up stepping in various things such as strawberries, which turns his shoes red. For example, he would sing "I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes." Then when he would step in something colorful such as strawberries he would sing, "I love my red shoes, I love my red shoes." The main idea of this book is that children can learn their colors while they read. ( )
  breannaamos | Dec 15, 2016 |
I liked this book for many reasons. One reason I liked this book was the pictures on each page. I thought that the pictures were not very ordinary pictures, to me they seemed very modern. Some pictures even looked like they were done with water color paints. Most of the illustrations were simple but they brought in vibrant colors like red, blue and white. The illustrations definitely enhanced the story because every time Petes shoe would change color in the story, the illustration would match it with the same color. I don't believe that the story itself is very believable because a cat would not walk around with white shoes on and sing songs but I did think that children would love reading about it and that it was somewhat comical. I also think that children would love singing the song thats in the book, I liked that a lot as well. The language of the book was patterned and repetitive which made the book easier to follow and made the book flow very nicely. I would say that the main idea of this book would be to teach young readers about different colors such as red white brown and blue.
  MackenzieVenezia | Dec 13, 2016 |
Pete is a cat who went walking down the street one day in his white shoes. Pete loved his white shoes and sang about it. Pete steps in various things as he walks down the street causing his shoes to change colors. Every time Pete stepped in something, he kept on walking and singing his song about his shoes. I like this book because it teaches the lesson that life may not go the way as planned, but just be happy and keep singing your song. I would use this book in my classroom as a fun way to learn cause and effect. For example, Pete stepped in red strawberries which caused his shoes to turn red. I also would use this book in my classroom to teach students that we should always have a good attitude in life when it gets tough.
  Cameron.InouyeNg | Dec 10, 2016 |

Litwin, EricAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

This a book from the Pete the Cat series. In this book, Pete sings about how much he loves his white shoes. Throughout the story, he gets into different situations where he steps into something that ends up turning his white shoes a different color. Even though his white new shoes aren't white anymore, he still continues to walk in them proudly while singing how much he loves his shoes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061906220, Hardcover)

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song...because it's all good.

Ages: 3 - 7

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:07 -0400)

Pete the Cat gets into colorful adventures while out walking in his new white shoes.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,649,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible