Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Eric Litwin, James Dean (Illustrator)

Member:Palm_Harbor_Library
Title:Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
Authors:Eric Litwin
Other authors:James Dean (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin (Author) (2008)

English (68)  Spanish (1)  All languages (69)
Eric Litwin is a # 1 New York Times Best Selling Author & Award Winning Musician. He is a popular performing artist who plays guitar, sings, tells musical stories and brings books to life. In this book the main character is Pete the cat who just got new white shoes. But, they do not stay white in the story, he steps in many different things that keep changing his shoes color. This book has a theme of, no matter what you step in, keep walking along and singing your song... because it's all good. This is a great book to read to children ages 3-7. In this book, even though Pete keeps getting his shoes dirty, he keeps going and doesn't let it bother him. Pete just keeps walking along and singing his song. ( )
  madiburton | Apr 17, 2015 |
This book is super fun and it is good with helping children to start to learn their colors. It even comes with an audio tape and music and a guy reading and singing the story to the children. This book also has a good message behind it, no matter what happens good or bad just keep on walking with your end up and enjoy the outcomes. This book is also repetitive so the children really get into it. ( )
  hh500 | Apr 13, 2015 |
This is a good introductory book for emerging readers. It has repetition and rhythm, and allows students to comprehend meaning and words of book. It also has a good moral behind the story to stay positive and love what you have! ( )
  Kc3133 | Feb 11, 2015 |
Summary
Pete, the cat, goes for a walk in his new white shoes while singing, "I love my white shoes." (Times three) He accidentally steps in strawberries. The author ask the children (audience) what color the strawberries turned Pete’s white shoes, which is red. But stepping in strawberries didn't ruin his good mood, he kept walking and singing his song, “I love my red shoes." (Times three) the. He's steps in blueberries, mud, and water and each time keeping his good mood and continuing to walk and singing his song, "I love my ______ shoes." (Times three)

Personal opinion
I enjoyed reading this book because the children loved it. The children participated during the book by answering the questions and singing along with me. Throughout the day I heard a couple of kids singing, “I love my ______ shoes."
Pete the Cat has series of books which help children with counting and also holiday books. (Super excited to read them!)

Extension
I saw some really cool activities but the ones I would like to try are a shoe sorting and a feet painting. The shoe sort: we will take off our shoes and put them all in one pile then we would find all the matching pairs. Feet painting: get a long piece of butcher paper, set out containers with different colored paints inside and the last container with water, have the children take of their shoes and socks and walk along the butcher paper with their painted feet.
  BrittanyCanales | Feb 11, 2015 |
Absolutely in love with Pete the Cat! I want to read more of these and will ask for these fun reads so I can put them into my classroom. This book in particular reminded me no the sweat the small stuff. A lighthearted message about taking it easy and appreciate what you have all while maintaining a positive attitude.
  ecm014 | Dec 1, 2014 |

Litwin, EricAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061906220, Hardcover)

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song...because it's all good.

Ages: 3 - 7

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:07 -0400)

Pete the Cat gets into colorful adventures while out walking in his new white shoes.

267 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,890,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible