Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Eric Litwin, James Dean (Illustrator)

Member:Palm_Harbor_Library
Title:Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
Authors:Eric Litwin
Other authors:James Dean (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin (2008)

Faborites
  Lori.Johnson | Jul 24, 2017 |
A fun book featuring a cat as the main character. This is part of a series of books gear towards grades preK-2nd grade. It's an interactive book so it would make a great read aloud. ( )
  kmann63 | Jul 21, 2017 |
This is the story of Pete, a sly cat, who is walking around in his beloved white shoes. As he is walking around and singing his song “I love my white shoes”, he steps in various substances and his shoes change different colors – depending on what he steps in. Every time Pete steps in something and his shoes change colors, he pays no mind and just walks along continuing to sing his song, making adjustments to the lyrics as needed. His shoes change into four colors: white, red, blue, and brown (eventually changing back to white). At the end of his walk, the readers find out the moral of Pete’s story. The moral of his story is no matter what you step in, just keep walking along and sing your song because “it’s allllll good”. I would highly recommend this book for teachers that have emerging readers in their classroom. This book is colorful, memorable, and even has a sing-along version! Not only is it fun to read and listen to, the moral and theme of the book is even more important. Pete the Cat is wonderful at teaching young kids about colors, predicting the sequence of the story, and valuable life lessons (self-confidence and being easy going). This story is a must have for all classrooms across America! ( )
  sameentaj | Apr 16, 2017 |
This book is about the adventure, Pete the cat, goes on and what happens to his shoes as well. It is a predictable book and is a great choice for students 3-6 years old. Pete the cat is great at teaching kids about color and predicting what will happen next when mixing colors ( )
  KalleyNeidermire | Apr 14, 2017 |
This is a fiction book about a cat that got brand new white shoes that end up changing colors from all of the things he steps in. He sings a song after every color that the children will eventually catch onto. This book could be used to teach repetition, colors, and even how to react when something unexpected happens. ( )
  MankinSamara | Apr 13, 2017 |

Litwin, Ericprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

This a book from the Pete the Cat series. In this book, Pete sings about how much he loves his white shoes. Throughout the story, he gets into different situations where he steps into something that ends up turning his white shoes a different color. Even though his white new shoes aren't white anymore, he still continues to walk in them proudly while singing how much he loves his shoes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061906220, Hardcover)

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song...because it's all good.

Ages: 3 - 7

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:07 -0400)

Pete the Cat gets into colorful adventures while out walking in his new white shoes.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,180,427 books! | Top bar: Always visible