Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Eric Litwin, James Dean (Illustrator)

Member:Palm_Harbor_Library
Title:Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
Authors:Eric Litwin
Other authors:James Dean (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin (Author) (2008)

Pete the Cat is awesome! I am a very musical person, so I love the music aspect the author uses in the books.The language the author uses in the book is very comical and age appropriate! This book is a fun way to teach children about colors!
  TaylorAtkinson | Sep 29, 2016 |
I had mixed feelings about this book after reading it. I liked the songs in the book because it made the story engaging and fun. I think children would really enjoy getting to sing along while reading the book. The reason I had mixed feelings about the book was because, even though the songs in the book were cute, it became somewhat repetitive. Pete the Cat was just walking down the street and kept stepping in different colored things that changed the colors of his shoes. A song was followed by singing "I love my red/ blue/ brown shoes." After reading basically the same thing over and over again it became boring. The message behind this book was to not let the little things bring you down. Every time Pete would step into something and get it on his shoes they would ask if he was gonna cry and he replied "Goodness, no." Pete the Cat was always positive. ( )
  mbands4 | Sep 21, 2016 |
Serving as the original "Pete the Cat" book, this book is cute, fun, and will bring smiles and enthusiasm to young readers. This book is repetitive, which keeps students engaged and allows them to sing along once they get the hang of the storyline. This story also helps students practice their color words. The unique, mellow, carefree attitude of Pete the Cat is one that children will love to read about. ( )
  hannahlowe | Sep 8, 2016 |
This book is very repetitive. I think for children who are in the emergent stage of reading, repetition is very helpful in their learning. This book also correlates color to everyday products which I also think is very important for students who are just learning the basics to see.
  Chelsea07127 | Sep 7, 2016 |
Summary: Pete the cat has a brand new pair of white shoes on, but he steps in different things and gets them all dirty! He never gets upset or sad when his shoes get dirty, instead he keeps moving along with a positive attitude.

Personal reaction: This book is wonderful for the beginning of the school year! I love how it teaches the students to not get down or upset when things don't go as planned. It makes for a great lesson about having a positive attitude no matter what happens.

Classroom extension ideas: This story allows you to introduce color words.You can do an art project after reading the book. Have the students make a cat out of blue construction paper. Include a place where they get to make shoes for their cat to wear. Conclude the art project with a writing piece that says "I love my ____ shoes." The students will fill in their shoe color in the space.
  Morgan.Nelson | Sep 6, 2016 |

Litwin, EricAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061906220, Hardcover)

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song...because it's all good.

Ages: 3 - 7

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:07 -0400)

Pete the Cat gets into colorful adventures while out walking in his new white shoes.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,275,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible