Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Eric Litwin, James Dean (Illustrator)

1,621984,473 (4.38)8
Member:Palm_Harbor_Library
Title:Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
Authors:Eric Litwin
Other authors:James Dean (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin (Author) (2008)

It is a great fantancy book because it creats a world which makes believe. Pete the Cat strolls down the street singing, "I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes." Then he steps in a huge hill of strawberries that turn his pristine sneakers red. ‘Did Pete cry? Goodness, no! He kept walking along and singing his song. I love my red shoes….’ He proceeds to step in a mound of blueberries and then a mud puddle, each incident changing his sneakers to a new hue. Unsmiling but placid, Pete takes it all in stride. After stepping into a "bucket" of water, he notices that his sneakers are not only white again, but also wet. ( )
  SSilvia | Feb 17, 2017 |
This book is about Pete the cat. He loves his shoes and playing music. Pete is constantly singing throughout the day that he is "rockin in his school shoes". This book is a fantasy book because the author described cats talking, doing school work, and playing music. He also included a fan sty world where cats are doing human things.
Primary ( )
  mparks15 | Jan 23, 2017 |
Love this book! It is very engaging especially with preschoolers! Helps with fluency as there is a lot of repetition. I would recommend using the CD version while holding up the book for pictures, the kiddos love it! Might be a little hard to sit still on circle time, so expect tons of giggly movements from them! ( )
  cindybenavente | Jan 16, 2017 |
This book is a picture book that could be told by a younger child who was not able to read yet. They could easily pick up on words that repeat every couple of pages. He goes through his colors of shoes and how they change color. He lets nothing bother him each time his shoes get dirty. He just keeps singing his song because it's all good! You could expand on this book by mixing paint colors to get another color. You could review the names of colors. You sing parts of this book, there is a song to it on YouTube. ( )
  AmandaMcClure | Jan 10, 2017 |
I enjoyed this book because the text was very engaging. This book is about a cat named Pete who wears white shoes, but ends up stepping in various things such as strawberries, which turns his shoes red. For example, he would sing "I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes." Then when he would step in something colorful such as strawberries he would sing, "I love my red shoes, I love my red shoes." The main idea of this book is that children can learn their colors while they read. ( )
  breannaamos | Dec 15, 2016 |

Litwin, EricAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

This a book from the Pete the Cat series. In this book, Pete sings about how much he loves his white shoes. Throughout the story, he gets into different situations where he steps into something that ends up turning his white shoes a different color. Even though his white new shoes aren't white anymore, he still continues to walk in them proudly while singing how much he loves his shoes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061906220, Hardcover)

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song...because it's all good.

Ages: 3 - 7

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:07 -0400)

Pete the Cat gets into colorful adventures while out walking in his new white shoes.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,443,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible