Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by David…

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (original 2010; edition 2011)

by David Levithan (Author), Rachel Cohn (Author)

855None10,407 (4.04)26
Member:elliepotten
Title:Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
Authors:David Levithan (Author)
Other authors:Rachel Cohn (Author)
Info:Ember (2011), Paperback, 260 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Children's & YA, Read in 2012
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, young adult, family, romance, humour, Christmas, New York, America

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn (2010)

I'm so glad this book is available in audio. I liked have two different narrators. ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 12, 2014 |
I LOOOOOOVED this book, I nearly finished it in one sitting. I've never ever read anything like it - and I've read a lot.

Normally I just love the idea of a book, but not the finished product. This time the book was better than i thought. It completely blew my mind.

AmandaEmma | Mar 26, 2014 |
This book is written by two authors, a male and a female. The male writes the male character and the female writes the female character. I found this method provided a realistic difference between the characters - not only in their thoughts and actions, but in their word choice, sentence structure, and grammar. The story itself is very cute, although I really despise Christmas time stories. I enjoyed reading this. ( )
  alb2219 | Mar 12, 2014 |
A cute, fun read. I really liked how the authors each wrote a chapter and passed it back and forth. The notebook was a great idea. I thought there was an excessive amount of gay pride in it. I know that sounds bad, but what I mean is that I'm okay with there being gay characters, but it seemed like the gay topic came up too often and always accompanied by a "gay is beautiful" message. I understand that Leviathan is gay (and a damn good writer), so that might be the reason for it, but it felt a little gay preachy. That probably doesn't make any sense, but there it is. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
This book was brilliant, funny and endearing. The characters were eclectic and engaging. The only thing that was probably a little off in the book is the maturity of Dash and some of his friends. The aging seems to be off by at least 3 or 4 years or so. But I loved the book too much to let that worry me:)

I can't wait to book talk this title and see what my Teen Ad Board thinks. I've also been inspired by Lily's red moleskin notebook. I have fun idea I'm going to try with my Teen Book Club! ( )
  Angelina-Justice | Feb 3, 2014 |

Rachel Cohnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Levithan, Davidmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Real Dash's Mom
Imagine this: You're in your favourite bookstore, scanning the shelves.

Told in the alternating voices of Dash and Lily, two sixteen-year-olds carry on a wintry scavenger hunt at Christmas-time in New York, neither knowing quite what--or who--they will find.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,499,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible