Blue Fire by Janice Hardy

English (6)  German (1)  All languages (7)
This book was as good as the first, I felt as if I could feel how she felt, and what she experienced. I felt bad when she was captured, but what she did! You definitely want to read until all the pages are gone. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
*Deep Sigh* Janice said this book was hard for her to get right. Well, she must have worked her butt off, because she nailed it.

Six months have passed since the events at the end of The Shifter and we are thrown right into the action from the beginning. And it doesn't let up. The best thing is that Janice flows from one event to the next seamlessly. Her characters stay true to who they are, but they've also grown stronger from their experiences.

It's hard to say much without giving too much away. Let's just say I really loved the exchanges between Nya and Vyand. I also loved the revelation Nya stumbles on at the end. Its great because Janice didn't hint at this anywhere else so it was a surprise to me. Looking back she might have hinted once, but I missed it because Nya missed it. That's great writing in my opinion. I'd have been tempted to drop hints all over the place and ruined the effect.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting the last book in the series. *rubs hands together* ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
Good follow on to the Pain Merchants. ( )
  Goldengrove | Feb 10, 2013 |
A bridging novel, but a good one. Nya has left her home and is now trying to work out how to rescue her sister and keep alive. All not helped by plans and plots and people who want her for their own ends.

It's interesting and fun and I love Nya's down to earth attitude to her life and the situation she's in. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Sep 13, 2012 |

While trying to lead the Takers out of Geveg, fifteen-year-old Nya is captured by bounty-hunters and taken to Baseer, where she escapes and soon finds herself helping the Baseeri.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,263,457 books! | Top bar: Always visible