The Healing Wars: Book II: Blue Fire by…

The Healing Wars: Book II: Blue Fire

by Janice Hardy

English (5)  German (1)  All languages (6)
*Deep Sigh* Janice said this book was hard for her to get right. Well, she must have worked her butt off, because she nailed it.

Six months have passed since the events at the end of The Shifter and we are thrown right into the action from the beginning. And it doesn't let up. The best thing is that Janice flows from one event to the next seamlessly. Her characters stay true to who they are, but they've also grown stronger from their experiences.

It's hard to say much without giving too much away. Let's just say I really loved the exchanges between Nya and Vyand. I also loved the revelation Nya stumbles on at the end. Its great because Janice didn't hint at this anywhere else so it was a surprise to me. Looking back she might have hinted once, but I missed it because Nya missed it. That's great writing in my opinion. I'd have been tempted to drop hints all over the place and ruined the effect.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting the last book in the series. *rubs hands together* ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
Good follow on to the Pain Merchants. ( )
  Goldengrove | Feb 10, 2013 |
A bridging novel, but a good one. Nya has left her home and is now trying to work out how to rescue her sister and keep alive. All not helped by plans and plots and people who want her for their own ends.

It's interesting and fun and I love Nya's down to earth attitude to her life and the situation she's in. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Sep 13, 2012 |
Reviewed by Joan Stradling for TeensReadToo.com

Nya is on the run from the Duke of Baseer's trackers for a crime she didn't intend to commit.

The Duke is using Healers to make an unstoppable army, and Nya is determined to stop him. But with trackers after her, it isn't easy to hide, and Nya finds herself trapped in a place she never wanted to be and having to trust people she isn't sure she should.

Nya's adventures in BLUE FIRE were even more thrilling than they were in THE SHIFTER. THE HEALING WARS novels are off to a great start. Hardy's characterization is well-balanced with tension and excitement in the plot, which makes it hard to put down.

I look forward to the third book in the series and discovering how far Nya will go to save those she loves. ( )
  GeniusJen | Jan 6, 2011 |

While trying to lead the Takers out of Geveg, fifteen-year-old Nya is captured by bounty-hunters and taken to Baseer, where she escapes and soon finds herself helping the Baseeri.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,391,449 books! | Top bar: Always visible