The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden #2)…

The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden #2) (original 1950; edition 2003)

by Julie Campbell

Member:sandykaypax
Title:The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden #2)
Authors:Julie Campbell
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (2003), Edition: 1st Random House Ed, Hardcover, 272 pages
Tags:mystery, Hudson River Valley

Trixie Belden and the Red Trailer Mystery by Julie Campbell (1950)

Recently added byprivate library, bluehwys, scottsdalebookgirl, hdzookeeper, mbookshelf

This was fun, if melodramatic. I loved Mrs. Smith, of course. And Miss Trask, slacker governess who can't even cook. Who wouldn't like Miss Trask?

The bad guys were satisfyingly bad without being terrifying, the parents mystifying but unimportant, and the story hummed along at a nice pace. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
Someone on my LJ FL was forever raving about Trixie Belden, so I thought I'd give it a try. And now I know.

Come to think of it, the same person threw a hissy fit and flounced off my LJ, so I needn't have bothered. Eh. Live and learn. ( )
  phoebesmum | Mar 14, 2010 |
Red Trailer picks up directly where Secret in the Mansion leaves off. Trixie and Honey go on the road in an airstream trailer searching for Jim who thinks he is in trouble and doesn't know that he has inherited lots of money. The excitement of this book hold up to the test of time. A fun read. ( )
  sdbookhound | Dec 26, 2009 |
The best part about this book is that it continues on from where the first book in the series ended. The latter books in the series are stand alone.
Great book to read during the summer. ( )
  macjest | Jun 24, 2009 |
I give the series five stars, based on my love for the books when I first read them (in the late fifties). I was a "tomboy", and they appealed to me much more than the Nancy Drew books. Also I grew up living not far from their setting, so they seemed more real to me. I'm afraid to revisit them now. ( )
  jrbeach | Jun 24, 2008 |

Julie Campbellprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frederick, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Trixie saw her father's car turn into the driveway from Glen Road, and she raced out of the back door to stop him before he reached the garage.

Trixie and Honey’s friend Jim has run away from Sleepyside–before anyone could tell him that he is the only heir to the huge Frayne fortune. The girls set out across upstate New York in a trailer to track him down . . . and stumble onto another mystery along the way!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:13 -0400)

Trixie Belden - Book 2

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,335,099 books! | Top bar: Always visible