Valentine Murder: A Lucy Stone Mystery (Lucy…

Valentine Murder: A Lucy Stone Mystery (Lucy Stone Mysteries)

by Leslie Meier

'Could not" finish.Author needs to get out of the house more and into the real world.I knew this would be a "light" mystery,but the protagonist is immature and irresponsible,no character development and sloppy plot.
Too many good books to read to waste anymore time on this one. ( )
  LauGal | Aug 16, 2016 |
I didn't like the character of Miss Tilley at all. It beggared belief that Lucy Stone would get emotional enough to shed tears for the former. This is not progress. This is back to square one. I was aware that the writer tried to work out an unusual climax to this story. Also the balancing act between the investigation and the private life of the amateur sleuth lay anchored at a place where the focus on family life is less considered. I just think that further loss of that factor would not make me a happy bunny. I may lose interest in what, in my opinion, made this series attractive.

My thoughts veered on the practical and the episodic shenanigans of Mr and Mrs Stone. Lucy had confessed in the previous book that she enjoys marital bliss more and more rarely. Yet in this book it seemed, it was hinted, that the couple took the initiative equally. I think this is dishonest and makes the growing up of the souls peopling Tinker's Cove, a side note.

Lucy Stone started as a strong character in this book. Her troubles were less formidable in this book. I think her best point here is her interaction with her 4 year old daughter Zoe. It is safe to say that she is not developing her detective side. She will remain a mom and a woman - though for how long in her early forties, I don't know. There has been a two year gap for the last three books. Lucy may well reach her mid fifties by book nineteen. I have fresh doubts now, and I do wish feverishly that the future tomes do not take a turn for the worse. I cannot believe I read this book in one day. That must mean something about the quality of the book, no? Not all is lost. Not yet. ( )
  Jiraiya | Dec 24, 2013 |

Knee-deep in cupcakes with pastel frosting and candy hearts, Lucy Stone is shocked when new librarian Bitsy Howell is murdered and Detective Horowitz announces that the murderer is among them, so she casts aside her culinary concoctions to investigate and comes face to face with a killer.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,822,628 books! | Top bar: Always visible