Daisy: Morning, Noon and Night: Bringing Your Family Together with…

by Daisy Martinez

331555,076 (5)1
Food Network star Daisy Martinez combines Latin American dishes with tastes from Spain, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Peru and Argentina.

Have you met Daisy Martinez yet? I ran across her a while back on the Food Network and was delighted to discover that she cooks the same kind of food my Latina friends do, dishes they have been generous enough to teach to me over the years. (Her flourless chocolate cake with chile is dynamite - recipe available at Food Network website.) So, I was delighted to find her PBS show, "Daisy Cooks!", on our local PBS station. I cannot tell you how pleased I am with her latest book.

Daisy: Morning, Noon and Night: Bringing Your Family Together with Everyday Latin Dishes is almost everything that a good cookbook should be. There are enough stories to give context. Almost everything can be acquired in a decently stocked supermarket almost anywhere in the US. There are illustrations of ingredients that might be hard to find along with definitions and recipes for some basics.

Daisy likes to plan ahead & make her cooking time do double duty and it shows. Her book is full of time saving tips and suggestions to help the busy wife & mother get a decent dinner on the table five nights a week. She is also full of excellent party planning advice & you will find a variety of helpful menus. Best yet, virtually every recipe will appeal to the broadest possible audience and none will break the piggy bank.

Kudos for a job well done Daisy. Two thumbs up. I'm off to find a copy of her first book Daisy Cooks: Latin Flavors That Will Rock Your World. ( )
1 vote GrannySmith | Apr 17, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,736,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible