Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files by…

Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files (edition 2011)

by Jim Butcher

Title:Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc Trade (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 432 pages

Side Jobs by Jim Butcher

English (69)  Piratical (1)  All languages (70)
Not a bad book in the series! ( )
  kaos127 | Nov 19, 2015 |
The conversation with Uriel in The Warrior brought a tear to my eye. Butcher has a deft touch for the telling item. ( )
  2wonderY | Oct 14, 2015 |
Harry Dresden is a private investigator and a wizard. His mission is to keep the humans of Chicago safe from supernatural beings. This is a collection of short stories and a novella featuring characters from the series. ( )
  lilibrarian | Oct 10, 2015 |
At first I was only planning to read Aftermath, which takes place a couple of hours after Changes and is told from Murphy's point of view. And then I slowly read the whole Side Jobs book backwards, telling myself I will only read one more story.

All the stories in this book are very Dresden-esque, yet I enjoyed immensely the two of them told from other characters' point of view. One, as I mentioned before, is Aftermath, where Murphy is the narrator, and the other (my favourite) is Backup, told from Thomas's POV. It shows the reader how other characters see Harry Dresden and it is a very entertaining thing to read. ( )
  v_allery | Apr 19, 2015 |
*Book source ~ Local library

This anthology contains 11 short stories from before Storm Front to just after Changes.

While everyone agreed that it was nice to have a bunch of short stories in one volume, when I mentioned that they aren’t *all* in here the consensus was that there should be a one-stop read (or listen) for all the shorts. At least up to a certain point and then start a new one for any more that follow. Because, you know, the series isn’t over yet.

I’m not sure if my title numbering system is correct because I can’t seem to find more than one list with matching numbers, so don’t take the numbers as gospel. And someone needs to clean that shit up. Seriously. It’s annoying to fans to not have books/shorts numbered properly.

Restoration of Faith, #0.5 ~ Everyone enjoyed seeing how Harry and Murphy met.

Vignette, #5.5 ~ Short and meh. Least favorite.

Something Borrowed, #7.5 ~ Jenny Greenteeth. lol

It’s My Birthday, #9.2 ~ That teaches Harry to leave home without his wizarding toys. Liked seeing the cobbler elves. Cobbler not Keebler. hehe

Heorot, #9.5 ~ A story with Gard. Nice!

Day Off, #10.3 ~ Very funny! A favorite with everyone.

Backup, #10.4 ~ Thomas tells this story. A & T prefer Harry’s POV though K & I liked this one.

The Warrior, #10.5 ~ A’s favorite since she loves Michael, but everyone else really liked it, too.

Last Call, #10.6 ~ Third least favorite, but at least Mac is in it.

Love Hurts, #11.5 ~ Second least favorite.

Aftermath, #12.6 ~ Told from Murphy’s POV immediately following Changes, T didn’t like it because Harry’s not in it at all. Everyone else enjoyed it. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Feb 4, 2015 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Butcher, Jimmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I struggled to hold on to the yowling child while fumbling a quarter into the pay phone and jamming down the buttons to dial Nick's mobile.
If knowledge is power, then it follows that ignorance is weakness.
It was always good to get as much thinking done as you could, before the actual mind-boggling crisis came down. That way, when it got there and you only had half a second to decide what to do before something from beyond the borders of sanity started ripping at your soul, you could skip the preliminaries and go straight to the mistake.

• "Restoration of Faith"
  • "Vignette"
  • "Something Borrowed"
  • "It's My Birthday, Too"
  • "Heorot"
  • "Day Off"
  • "Backup"
  • "The Warrior"
  • "Last Call"
  • "Love Hurts"
  • "Aftermath"

Here, together for the first time, are the shorter works of #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher -- a compendium of cases that Harry Dresden and his cadre of allies managed to close in record time. The tales range from the deadly serious to the absurdly hilarious. Also included is a new, never-before-published novella that takes place after the cliff-hanger ending of the new April 2010 hardcover, Changes.… (more)

339 wanted4 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,853,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible