Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the…

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream (original 2010; edition 2010)

by David Platt

1,209None6,580 (4.11)6
Member:KatieWeisbrod
Title:Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream
Authors:David Platt
Info:Multnomah Books (2010), Edition: 1, Paperback, 240 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:life application

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt (2010)

This book is OK. I like the ideas presented in it but I just don't like the endless anecdotal stories that seem to come from the author's life. This book could have been 1/3 the length and still conveyed the same message. ( )
  jorowi | Dec 17, 2013 |
The title is a bit of an overstatement of the content, but that's how you sell books right? ( )
  Zabeth | Dec 9, 2013 |
Every Christian should read this. The points may be hard to take, but they are points that need to be made! ( )
  ChuckS65 | Oct 7, 2013 |
I dare any Christian to read this. If you allow the wisdom of the author, coupled with what Christ taught, to penetrate your soul I guarantee you your world will be rocked from the complacency and apathy of the American version of Christianity. Jesus was indeed a radical. And radical is what we all should be. So radical should our lives be that we be willing to risk even our very lives for the sake of Christ. One of my favorite quotes from this book is, "To everyone wanting a safe, untroubled, comfortable life free from danger, stay away from Jesus" ( )
  gdill | May 16, 2013 |
I appreciate what he's trying to do, but his fundamentalism taints everything. ( )
  godinpain | Mar 29, 2013 |

Examines the ways in which the gospel is contradicted by the American dream and challenges Christians to join in a one-year experiment in authentic discipleship that promises spiritual transformation through the word of God.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Radical by David Platt was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,505,018 books! | Top bar: Always visible