The Cookbook Collector: A Novel by Allegra…

The Cookbook Collector: A Novel (edition 2010)

by Allegra Goodman

Title:The Cookbook Collector: A Novel
Authors:Allegra Goodman
Info:The Dial Press (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 416 pages

The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman

Recently added byprivate library, pennjann, ehines, stelap, corioreo, SoschaF, CarrCorner2, dreamydress48, Elaine2016

English (80)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (81)
I'm sure this was a good book. I really wanted to read it... I just couldn't get into it. So much is happening in my life right now that what I really need is some good old-fashioned escapism. I don't want drama, I want happiness.

I might need to read this again in 6-12 months. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Great story that interweaves the musty smell of old books and the allure of ideas spoken in the past, and the dot com craze of the early 90's. ( )
  Lylee | Apr 3, 2016 |
Saw this compared to Jonathan Franzen's Freedom in a really interesting article, and it's true that they are incredibly similar in structure and theme. One significant difference is that I hated every single character in both Freedom and The Corrections; in this book, there were times when I disliked each of the characters, but only a couple I really couldn't stand. That made it a much more enjoyable experience, and while I'm kind of done with Franzen for now, I would really like to read more by Allegra Goodman.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
Kept waiting for it to get better ( )
  ellenuw | Jan 27, 2016 |
Kept waiting for it to get better ( )
  ellenuw | Jan 27, 2016 |
Goodman captures the fizz and folly of the dot.com boom with wit and perspicuity...
added by bell7 | editBooklist, Donna Seaman
Rain at last. Much-needed rain, the weathermen called it. Rain drummed the little houses skyrocketing in value in Cupertino and Sunnyvale.

"...a novel about getting and spending, and about the substitutions we make when we can't find what we're looking for..." --inside cover.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,702,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible