As Husbands Go by Susan Isaacs

As Husbands Go (edition 2012)

by Susan Isaacs

Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:Darebin, US, Crime, Humour, 2012, 2010s

As Husbands Go by Susan Isaacs

Entertaining and touching in parts, as most Susan Isaacs novels are. This isn't the best novel in the world, but I enjoyed it (and cringed at times) and definitely felt for the protagonist. It was upsetting to experience this poor woman's situation and felt right when she started to look for answers about her husband's murder. The side characters were great...a little like Evanovich or Hiassen's. (I'm so not into clothing and appearance, though, that some of the sidelines were lost on me.) ( )
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
2.5/5 (Goodreads needs half stars!) review of this to come - need to sort it all out :)
  BookSpot | May 18, 2015 |
I used to really like Susan Isaacs but I find her latest books boring, dull, flat and I don't like characters. ( )
  gsusie4 | Feb 29, 2012 |
The back story in "As Husbands Go," is a loving solid marriage that ends violently with the husband's murder. The plot develops around the widow's refusal to accept the "official" facts of the homicide because of her belief in her husband. Susan Isaacs's humor is suffused but definite, with a strong Long Island accent. The development and resolution of the mystery surrounding the husband's death is satisfying , especially since nobody but the widow thought there was a mystery.
  Muldoon | Jan 10, 2012 |
Entirely confused why this book is publicized as a funny read, because it is certainly is not funny. I don't mean that it's dramatic or serious. Rather I mean that perhaps the author and publisher intended it to be amusing or witty, but it failed miserably. And it's sort of a mystery, but not really. Sadly, what it really was was a few hours of my life I won't get back. ( )
1 vote puckandhammie | Aug 24, 2011 |

Astonished when her seemingly devoted husband is found murdered in a prostitute's apartment, Susie, a mother of four-year-old triplets, bristles at her neighbors' mixed reactions and tackles everyone from her husband's partners to the DA to restore her family's honor.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,818,023 books! | Top bar: Always visible