As Husbands Go by Susan Isaacs

As Husbands Go (edition 2012)

by Susan Isaacs

Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:Darebin, US, Crime, Humour, 2012, 2010s

As Husbands Go by Susan Isaacs

Recently added byselabird, Lynnwhit, Swade0710, private library, sst99, kateisaac

I used to really like Susan Isaacs but I find her latest books boring, dull, flat and I don't like characters. ( )
  gsusie4 | Feb 29, 2012 |
The back story in "As Husbands Go," is a loving solid marriage that ends violently with the husband's murder. The plot develops around the widow's refusal to accept the "official" facts of the homicide because of her belief in her husband. Susan Isaacs's humor is suffused but definite, with a strong Long Island accent. The development and resolution of the mystery surrounding the husband's death is satisfying , especially since nobody but the widow thought there was a mystery.
  Muldoon | Jan 10, 2012 |
Entirely confused why this book is publicized as a funny read, because it is certainly is not funny. I don't mean that it's dramatic or serious. Rather I mean that perhaps the author and publisher intended it to be amusing or witty, but it failed miserably. And it's sort of a mystery, but not really. Sadly, what it really was was a few hours of my life I won't get back. ( )
1 vote puckandhammie | Aug 24, 2011 |
I thought this book was going to be cute and funny, and it was, sort of, but I also kind of hated it. I think I just can't relate to books about rich people. Especially when they wear designer clothes, which are described in detail. ( )
1 vote mariabiblioteca | Jun 23, 2011 |
A "mystery" with an interesting, and generally likeable, set of core characters. A young widow attempts to prove that her recently murdered husband was in fact the loving, faithful spouse she believes him to have been. The ending was very flat and disappointing given the color Isaacs used for the rest of the story, but overall a pleasant listen. ( )
  shearon | Jan 3, 2011 |

Astonished when her seemingly devoted husband is found murdered in a prostitute's apartment, Susie, a mother of four-year-old triplets, bristles at her neighbors' mixed reactions and tackles everyone from her husband's partners to the DA to restore her family's honor.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,425,686 books! | Top bar: Always visible