The Boy Book by E. Lockhart

The Boy Book (2006)

by E. Lockhart

Series: Ruby Oliver (2)

I read this quickly a few weeks ago! I really enjoyed it but I needed a break before finishing the last two. ( )
  megmo07 | Sep 27, 2013 |
Really about girls and how they relate to boys, each other and that high school growing up phase. Engaging characters and dialogue. ( )
  lindap69 | Apr 5, 2013 |
Re-read.

Again, Lockhart's dead on. I identify with Ruby, I love the premise, and the execution leaves me with no complaints. The machinations of high school girls ring true. It would have been easy for this story to get overblown or maudlin, but in Lockhart's hand it remains funny but wincingly real. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
I really liked this book........ BUT BOY, does it leave you hanging! I'm glad I waited so long to read it, because now I only have to wait until July for Book 3!! (Book 3: [b:The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch--and me, Ruby Oliver|5819551|The Treasure Map of Boys Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch--and me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, Book 3)|E. Lockhart|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41vn-7LjQ+L._SL75_.jpg|5991564]! I LOVE THE COVER!!)

At the end, I was like, "But... but..... but..... NOOOOEEEELLLLLL!!!!" ;) *sigh*

So that was so NOT a review... Here goes the review:

The book was a great followup to Book 1, [b:The Boyfriend List: 15 guys, 11 shrink appointments, 4 ceramic frogs, and me, Ruby Oliver|301022|The Boyfriend List 15 guys, 11 shrink appointments, 4 ceramic frogs, and me, Ruby Oliver (Readers Circle)|E. Lockhart|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1173534943s/301022.jpg|292089]. I really like how Ruby progressed as a character in the book. I kept freaking at her to get over Jackson already, but when I think back on my life.... well, I think Ruby's a pretty true-to-life character. I'm still just really really thankful that I never had friends like her original little group. When the sh*t hits the fan, you find out who your real friends are.... ( )
  saraferrell | Apr 3, 2013 |
I actually liked this one better than the first one, because various characters actually TOOK ACTION OMG. ( )
  JenneB | Apr 2, 2013 |

E. Lockhartprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Carlino, AngelaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Potter, KirstenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Zoe Jenkin

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0385732090, Paperback)

Cringe, laugh, and cry with Ruby Oliver as she learns to deal with boys, best friends, and her panic attacks!

Join Ruby Oliver at the start of her junior year at Tate Prep as she confronts:

• the secret about Noel
• mysterious notes from Jackson
• the interpretation of boy-speak
• the horrors of the school trip
• new entries in The Boy Book

There are Fruit Roll-Ups.
There is upper-regioning.
There are so many boys to choose from!
And there are penguins.

Only Ruby can keep her readers on her side even as those around her wonder, What is she thinking?!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:05 -0400)

A high school junior continues her quest for relevant data on the male species, while enjoying her freedom as a newly licensed driver and examining her friendship with a clean-living vegetarian classmate.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,390,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible