The Boy Book by Emily Lockhart

The Boy Book (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Emily Lockhart

Member:Runa
Title:The Boy Book
Authors:Emily Lockhart
Info:Corgi Childrens (2007), Paperback, 224 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:YA, young adult, ya fiction, young adult fiction, romance, therapy, boys, teen, driving, penguins, zoo, friendship, love

The Boy Book by E. Lockhart (2006)

School has started up again, and Ruby Oliver is still a pariah. None of her former friends are speaking with her, she has no boyfriend, the whole school thinks she's a slut, and she's still seeing a shrink. When Kim (her former best friend) goes to Japan for a semester abroad, Jackson (Ruby's ex, who Kim stole) starts to get friendly again. Ruby tries to regain her friends, sort out her feelings for Jackson (and Angelo, and Noel) and get some kind of handle on her life. Ruby's not perfect, but she is funny and a delight to spend time with. ( )
  Mrs_McGreevy | Nov 17, 2016 |
The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them

The Characters

Ruby, Noel, Nora and Meghen

The Story

Another interesting installment. Because of reasons stated below I don’t have much to say but I enjoyed the book and jumped directly into the next one. I think that speaks volumes.

The Random Thoughts

I really should write down my thoughts right after reading cause it’s now been two days and I have nothing to say.

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jun 1, 2015 |
Loved this, as I loved the first Roo book (The Boyfriend List). Wonderful, funny, true voice. I am particularly impressed by how Ruby can be so flawed and human and do things I (and she herself, most of the time) know are wrong, and yet I completely believe it. And it just makes the moments when she does the right thing all the more sweet and endearing.
  devafagan | Jan 2, 2015 |
I read this quickly a few weeks ago! I really enjoyed it but I needed a break before finishing the last two. ( )
  megmo07 | Sep 27, 2013 |
Really about girls and how they relate to boys, each other and that high school growing up phase. Engaging characters and dialogue. ( )
  lindap69 | Apr 5, 2013 |

E. Lockhartprimary authorall editionscalculated
Carlino, AngelaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Potter, KirstenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Zoe Jenkin

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0385732090, Paperback)

Cringe, laugh, and cry with Ruby Oliver as she learns to deal with boys, best friends, and her panic attacks!

Join Ruby Oliver at the start of her junior year at Tate Prep as she confronts:

• the secret about Noel
• mysterious notes from Jackson
• the interpretation of boy-speak
• the horrors of the school trip
• new entries in The Boy Book

There are Fruit Roll-Ups.
There is upper-regioning.
There are so many boys to choose from!
And there are penguins.

Only Ruby can keep her readers on her side even as those around her wonder, What is she thinking?!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:43 -0400)

A high school junior continues her quest for relevant data on the male species, while enjoying her freedom as a newly licensed driver and examining her friendship with a clean-living vegetarian classmate.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,362,931 books! | Top bar: Always visible