Angel with Attitude (Warner Forever) by…

Angel with Attitude (Warner Forever) (edition 2006)

by Michelle Rowen

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Angel with Attitude (Warner Forever)
Authors:Michelle Rowen
Info:
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, Angels, Demons, Paranormal Romance

Angel with Attitude by Michelle Rowan

Splash!! Valerie Grace finds herself falling from heaven into the killer whale tank at Marineland. After being kicked out of heaven she is determined to get her punishment reversed and FAST. But this is difficult espesially with a tempter demon named Nathanial trying to lure her to hell. Oh yea, and did I mention that he is amazingly hansome. With her perverted friend turned rat and Nathanial by her side her only hope is to get the stolen key to heaven and return home. But when this ex-angel falls for the demon things get even more complicated ( if that is even possible).

This was a pretty good book. The charecters were witty and entertaining without being over the top. The main character seemed a little whiny and selfish but redeemed herself in the end of the book. I also loved the one- eyed demon who writes romance novels ( very original!!) It is a good lazy day read. ( )
  nika240 | Apr 9, 2009 |
I thought I would try it, not the usual genre for me but I have read Rowens other books which I quite enjoyed. As something I don't normally read it was alright, but not my cup of tea. ( )
  viciouslittlething | Dec 12, 2008 |
Opening Sentence: "... Your misdeeds in Heaven have lead to this unfortunate situation..."

One minute Valarie was conducting her angelic duties up in Heaven and the next minute she was naked and in the killer whale tank at Marine Land near Niagara Falls! Guided by a soggy note she gets a job as a maid at the Paradise Inn but is determined to get back to Heaven- if she can deny the charms of her sexy assigned temptor demon, Nathaniel.

Before she can get back to heaven she has to rescue the key to heaven to prevent an invasion by demons - oh and get Reggie the rat turned back into a human. Not so hard surely?

Was a sweet read - the whole thing was a bit saccharine sweet for me. But a pleasant way to pass an afternoon. ( )
  sally906 | Oct 24, 2008 |
Angel Valerie Grace is kicked out of heaven, and ends up naked in the killer whale tank and Marineland in Niagara Falls. She doesn't know why, but she's determined to make her way back. She's pointed in the direction of the Paradise Inn, and takes employment as a maid while she figures out how to make her way back into heaven. In the meantime, a sexy tempter demon has been assigned to entice her to hell.

Valerie finds out the manager of the hotel is also a fallen angel, and has the key to heaven by which they both can return to their former lives. A demon shows up and steals the key, and Valerie with the help of Reggie, a guy turned into a rat by his witch girlfriend, and her tempter demon, she goes in search of the key.

The lead character starts so incredibly whiney, that I read Charlaine Harris' book before coming back to this one. I eventually slogged my way through it. Once the fallen angel was finally on her mission to retrieve the key, she became more tolerable. Still the plot was somewhat simplistic. The auther had a rather interesting take on the Underworld. Although the relationship between Valerie and her tempter demon, Nathaniel, was telegraphed way in the beginning. A good portion of the book is dedicated to showing that the demon isn't really such a bad guy. It might have more tension to the relationship, if the author hadn't been trying so hard to make the demon a nice guy. All in all, it was a mildly entertaining book. ( )
2 vote Antares1 | Jul 23, 2007 |
Valerie Grace has just been kicked out of heaven, but no one has told her why. Determined to reverse her banishment, she ends up with a human-turned-rat and a very sexy Tempter Demon in tow as she attempts to find the stolen Key to Heaven.

This was a really fun book. Fluffy, but hysterical. Valerie heads to the Underworld (which looks remarkably like Miami Beach) and encounters a one-eyed romance-writing demon (among others). It's fun, it's captivating, there's no nasty moralizing...

Definitely worth a beach read. I'm keeping this one. ( )
2 vote Caramellunacy | Jul 10, 2006 |

Just kicked out of Heaven, former angel Valerie Grace is determined to overcome her banishment and find redemption, but her quest is complicated by her best friend, a somewhat perverted human-turned-talking-rat, and by Nathaniel, a Tempter Demon who is doing his best to lure her to Hell.… (more)

Michelle Rowan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,409,412 books! | Top bar: Always visible