Resilience by Alonzo Mourning

Resilience

by Alonzo Mourning

411,664,912 (5)None

I'm still in the process of reading this book.

So far, I have made the decision to read this to my kids, even though it's not a kid book and not a "happy" book, because I love Mr. Mourning's "never give up" spirit.

This is something that is instilled in me, and that I make every opportunity to discuss with my children, as well.

That's what resilience is, ultimately, is a foundational character trait, not just an attitude, that says "I will never ever give up."

Love this book! ( )
  Ps91Family | Mar 13, 2010 |

In 2000, Alonzo Mourning was on top of the world: He had a fat new NBA contract, an Olympic gold medal, and a second beautiful child–plus the fame and wealth he had earned playing the game he loved. But in September of that year he was diagnosed with a rare and fatal kidney disease. Over the next couple of years, as his health faltered, he retired, unretired, and retired again–and sought to make sense of what remained of his life. Finally in 2003, after a frantic search for a donor match, Mourning had a new kidney and a new outlook. He vowed to make this second chance count by dedicating his life to others.

By sharing his experiences of the chasms and peaks of illness and recovery, Mourning delivers a message of faith and fire, trust and triumph. Resilience is a story of both meaningful everyday lessons and the things, great and small, that truly matter in life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:02 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,694,628 books! | Top bar: Always visible