Awakened by P. C. Cast

2.5 stars

The latter half sort of made up for the suckiness of the rest. I'm really tired of the repeating plot lines and Neferet's predictable, evil behavior (can we have another villian please!?). It doesn't seem feasible to me that she can fool ALL those people.

The ending was good though. After investing 8 books into this series, I do feel like I will read the next book. (and the fact that I already own the next few books lol). ( )
  Diamond.Dee. | Jul 3, 2015 |
A primeira estrelinha diz "Did not like it" e bom... que posso eu dizer? Não gostei! Não gostei nada! Citando a nossa "querida", "brilhante" e "espectacular" personagem principal: "Isto é tudo uma cambada de cocó tão grande que nem sei para onde me virar." Like, seriously... quase desmaio a ler esta "história" tão previsível e triste. A esperança, porém, é a última a morrer... e uma grande amiga garante-me que a "história" vai melhorar. A ver vamos... próximo volume comigo para despachar isto de vez! ( )
  SaraVieira | May 5, 2015 |
I will never be able to listen to Defying Gravity again without tears!

Overall I enjoyed the book even though it seemed a bit long winded at times. I am very interested to see what develops in the next book. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book, there was a lot of fluff I had to go through to actually get into the story. Possibly because I've read nothing but the Anita Blake books for the last several months? It's different going back to YA? I'm giving the Casts the benefit of the doubt here. I couldn't put it down, and can't wait to see what happens next though! In this installment, PC and Kristen Cast give the point of view of the villains often, and I found this very interesting, especially with Neferet. I think Stevie Rae stole the show, I couldn't get enough of her and Rephaim's story. The reason I didn't find Zoey and Stark as interesting, I believe, is because they have finally reached an understanding with each other, so their issues are at halt (for the moment). They deserved a break after Burned though! I was annoyed with Zoey in the beginning of the book, I thought she was being cowardly and immature. But, she has been through a lot, and I think it's reasonable and human of her to not just bounce back. I must say Stark's random scottish impersonation of Sgiach's warrior threw me off, once or twice is cute...10 times...not so much. I can't help but feel some pity and hope for Kalona, I am very interested to see where the series will take him. Which is what this book really was, more build up. Sure, some love life loose ends are tied up, but as far as progress towards bringing balance to darkness and light...not so much. We are where we left off in Tempted, no progress for Light. But there's four more books to go! ( )
  sgcastellini | Feb 6, 2015 |
Had more than a few deux ex machina moments - literally - where the Goddess manifested. Otherwise, pretty much like the others; poorly realized dialogue, slow start where everyone recovered from events from the prior novel, and a big finish. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kristin and I would like to dedicate this book to LGBT teens.Gender preference does not define you.Your spirit defines you.It gets better.We heart you.No matter what “they” say, life is really about love, always love.
A disquieting sense of irritation awakened Neferet.

Zoey has returned from the Otherworld to her rightful place as High Priestess at the House of Night. Her friends are just glad to have her back, but after losing her human consort, Heath, will Zoey--or her relationship with her super-hot Warrior, Stark--ever be the same?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,093,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible