Awakened (House of Night) by P. C. Cast

Awakened (House of Night) (edition 2011)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

1,579594,624 ()23
Member:bsktcase10
Title:Awakened (House of Night)
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2011), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 304 pages
Rating:*

Awakened by P. C. Cast

Recently added byJasmineBiersack, Psyko2, private library, christinek101, RemiCayne, Alyssal, Bookman1954

I really enjoyed this book, there was a lot of fluff I had to go through to actually get into the story. Possibly because I've read nothing but the Anita Blake books for the last several months? It's different going back to YA? I'm giving the Casts the benefit of the doubt here. I couldn't put it down, and can't wait to see what happens next though! In this installment, PC and Kristen Cast give the point of view of the villains often, and I found this very interesting, especially with Neferet. I think Stevie Rae stole the show, I couldn't get enough of her and Rephaim's story. The reason I didn't find Zoey and Stark as interesting, I believe, is because they have finally reached an understanding with each other, so their issues are at halt (for the moment). They deserved a break after Burned though! I was annoyed with Zoey in the beginning of the book, I thought she was being cowardly and immature. But, she has been through a lot, and I think it's reasonable and human of her to not just bounce back. I must say Stark's random scottish impersonation of Sgiach's warrior threw me off, once or twice is cute...10 times...not so much. I can't help but feel some pity and hope for Kalona, I am very interested to see where the series will take him. Which is what this book really was, more build up. Sure, some love life loose ends are tied up, but as far as progress towards bringing balance to darkness and light...not so much. We are where we left off in Tempted, no progress for Light. But there's four more books to go! ( )
  sgcastellini | Feb 6, 2015 |
Had more than a few deux ex machina moments - literally - where the Goddess manifested. Otherwise, pretty much like the others; poorly realized dialogue, slow start where everyone recovered from events from the prior novel, and a big finish. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
I give up on this series. The whole series keeps making one big loop over and over and over and I am done with it. I can't stand the unrealistic way the teens talk and act sometimes and I am over it. I am usually more friendly in my negative reviews but I have invested so much emotion into this series I am sad to go out like this. The first six or so books were absolutely amazing....so read up until there. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
I find this series to degrade in quality the further along it gets. The first two books were pretty okay, but it has all been downhill from there. ( )
  readstolive | Sep 25, 2014 |
Definitely not my favorite in the series, though I was glad that they wrapped up most of the loose ends from the previous book. I'm sucked into this series, I'm glad there will be another book in November. ( )
  pennylane78 | Sep 5, 2014 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kristin and I would like to dedicate this book to LGBT teens.Gender preference does not define you.Your spirit defines you.It gets better.We heart you.No matter what “they” say, life is really about love, always love.
A disquieting sense of irritation awakened Neferet.

Zoey has returned from the Otherworld to her rightful place as High Priestess at the House of Night. Her friends are just glad to have her back, but after losing her human consort, Heath, will Zoey--or her relationship with her super-hot Warrior, Stark--ever be the same?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,683,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible