Awakened (House of Night, Book 8) by P. C.…

Awakened (House of Night, Book 8) (edition 2011)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:Corvidae
Title:Awakened (House of Night, Book 8)
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2011), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 290 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fction, series, fantasy, young adult, urban fantasy, vampires

Awakened by P. C. Cast

Definitely not my favorite in the series, though I was glad that they wrapped up most of the loose ends from the previous book. I'm sucked into this series, I'm glad there will be another book in November. ( )
  pennylane78 | Sep 5, 2014 |
More like 2.75 stars. I was super annoyed by the little character quirks - they were a bit over the top at the beginning. Once it got past that it was a little better, but still bothered me a bit. The ending was better ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
don't have books 4-6
  Kaitlin_Michelle | Jul 14, 2014 |
This book was a little bit darker than the previous books. Zoey and Stark decide to stay on the island of Skye for a while until news of Jack's death reaches them from Stevie Rae, who has become the high priestess of the House of Night. Things are becoming serious with Stevie Rae and Rephaim, and we find out Kalona is not really bound. Sadly, at Jack's funeral pyre, Neferat starts trouble and all seems lost until Nyx shows up. She forgives Rephaim and allows him to become human at night. Once Nyx leaves Nepherat twists what she said to her advantage and Zoey and the gang leave for the tunnels.

I was a little bit disappointed by the fact that Zoey excused away Stark's abusive behavior in bed right at the end of the book, even though I am going to assume that it was Kalona controlling him. I am not a huge fan of Stark's character in general because I do not buy into the whole 'I was dark and it wasn't my fault' at the same time as 'I am that person I just have to choose to be good' he tried to rape that Becca girl, he probably raped other girls, and even though it was probably not him this time, it fits his character.

I did feel bad, however at the ending where Zoey finds out he mother is dead. It was such a bitter ending to that story line, that Linda would just be coming around (even if it is just because she caught him, and not because of the way he treated her children) and she goes and dies. That being said I am really glad it was Linda and not the grandmother!
It was also a little darker because of the random bestiality that showed up there at the end. I'm not talking about Stevie Rae. What was with that White Bull sex scene? Nope. Just nope. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |
I just finished reading Awakened. Awakened is the eighth book in the House Of Night series. It is written by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Book eight is about Zoey and Stark returning from the Otherworld after restoring Zoey's soul. They also return to Oklahoma to face some hard news.

I love this series. It has to be one of my favorite series hands down. This is the second time I've read Awakened. I'm glad I took the time to read it a second time. There was so many things I overlooked the first time. Now things that were confusing me make sense to me now.

The only thing I didn't like is what I haven't liked since they started writing the book in more than one perspective. I don't like the third person format they use. I think they should keep it consistently at first person. They put the name at the beginning so the person knows who it is. It just seems rather redundant to repeat their name when it can just say “I”. That's just my opinion though.

I fully recommend this to any person who is into vampire series. It is targeted at a young adult audience. I feel that anybody who is into the genre will like it though. I will warn you though. It is a very addicting series. At least it was for me. ( )
  WillowStarSerenity | Mar 1, 2014 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kristin and I would like to dedicate this book to LGBT teens.Gender preference does not define you.Your spirit defines you.It gets better.We heart you.No matter what “they” say, life is really about love, always love.
A disquieting sense of irritation awakened Neferet.

Zoey has returned from the Otherworld to her rightful place as High Priestess at the House of Night. Her friends are just glad to have her back, but after losing her human consort, Heath, will Zoey--or her relationship with her super-hot Warrior, Stark--ever be the same?… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,708,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible