The Tighty Whitey Spider: And More Wacky…

The Tighty Whitey Spider: And More Wacky Animal Poems I Totally Made Up (edition 2010)

by Kenn Nesbitt, Ethan Long (Illustrator)

Member:Tasses
Title:The Tighty Whitey Spider: And More Wacky Animal Poems I Totally Made Up
Authors:Kenn Nesbitt
Other authors:Ethan Long (Illustrator)
Info:Sourcebooks Jabberwocky (2010), Edition: Pap/Com, Paperback, 128 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Children's Literature, ARC, removed

The Tighty Whitey Spider: And More Wacky Animal Poems I Totally Made Up by Kenn Nesbitt

Z was laughing out loud with this collection. I could have done without the few poems set to traditional songs. Overall, pretty fun and clever wordplay. ( )
  beckydj | Mar 31, 2013 |
The poetry is fun and quirky. Each poem has a lesson like not to let yor elephant have a trampoline, or don't let your mouse have a motorcycle and the effects of such an action. All the poems are about personified animals as well. They have catchy meter and rhyme. You could almost put them to song. This make the poetry interesting and fun to read. It also make it approachable. It is inspiring and simple enough that a child might think, "Oh, I could do this too!" ( )
  HayleeKai | Apr 19, 2012 |
Purchased at Powell's for future read.
  fetta | Jun 7, 2010 |
My ten year old son & I read this book together. Following are our individual reviews:

John’s Review: When my mom told me that we were going to read a book of poems before I went to bed, I wasn’t very excited. Poems are about love and stuff like that, things I totally don’t want to read about! But then my mom told me they were different kinds of poems. I didn’t believe her until I saw the cover of the book. A spider…in underwear?! I had to read this!

The Tighty Whitey Spider: And More Wacky Animal Poems I Totally Made Up is the funniest book of poems I have EVER read. Kenn Nesbitt, the author, is so crazy! The poems aren’t dull and boring, they are full of action and fun. A few of my favorites include I Bought a New Tank for My Goldfish and My Hamster Has a Skateboard. If all poetry was this exciting, I’d definitely read more!

My review: What can I say? Anything that gets my son excited about reading poetry has to be good! John was very skeptical when I told him about the book but instantly opened up after seeing the cover and reading the first two poems. They are full of wit and fun, I was honestly laughing a bit myself. There are several poems that should be read to the tune of popular children’s songs nursery rhymes. Those were a real hit! Let’s face it, little boys like it when they think they’re making fun of another song or rhyme!

The only thing I should mention is that some of the poems are a little on the crude side and do discuss bodily functions. Nothing totally off the wall or completely repulsive. Just something I thought worth mentioning. Still this book is still worth checking out! Exclusive audio is available online, including Kenn singing and reading many of these hilarious poems! ( )
  jennsbookshelves | Apr 5, 2010 |

A collection of totally made up poems involving acrobatic cats, kung fu pets, and chickens on computers.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,651,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible