Chalk by Bill Thomson

Chalk (original 2010; edition 2012)

by Bill Thomson

Info:Amazon Children's Publishing (2012), Kindle Edition, 40 pages
Collections:Your library, Kindle, Childrens Fiction
Rating:*****
Tags:Dinosaurs, Chalk, Wordless

Chalk by Bill Thomson (2010)

This book would be great for creative fun writing prompts such as "If I had a magic piece of chalk that brought my drawings to life, I would draw...." This book also has great graphics and will keep children engaged with it's suspense. ( )
  Kc3133 | Feb 17, 2015 |
I love how realistic this book's illustrations are and the adventure theme. Everything is very life like and vibrant and beautiful. I liked that two of the young children are girls of color - this makes it one of the more diverse children's books I've seen so far. This book is delightful, it literally made me smile while I was reading it. I'd definitely give it to my kids.
  ulindsay | Feb 12, 2015 |
Loved hearing from Dr. Haas that this is a favorite book of her grandson's. I really enjoyed how vivid this book is, the pictures really catch the eye making the entire book very inviting. This would be a great introductory book to a creative writing assignment. "What would you draw with the chalk?"
  ecm014 | Dec 1, 2014 |
Jump into this story and experience the park through a world of imagination.
  auntiepants88 | Nov 15, 2014 |
A group of children find magic chalk that brings their drawings to life. The illustrations are hyper-realistic, leading the book to feel like a true story. ( )
  kradish | Jul 30, 2014 |
This book is dedicated with love to the miracles in my life . . . my wondrous sons, Billy, Nik, and Ethan

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0761455264, School & Library Binding)

A rainy day. Three kids in a park. A dinosaur spring rider. A bag of chalk. The kids begin to draw. . . and then . . . magic! The children draw the sun, butterflies, and a dinosaur that amazingly come to life. Children will never feel the same about the playground after they experience this astounding wordless picture book and the power of the imagination. Bill Thomson embraced traditional painting techniques and meticulously painted each illustration by hand, using acrylic paint and colored pencils.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:51 -0400)

A wordless picture book about three children who go to a park on a rainy day, find some chalk, and draw pictures that come to life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,683,817 books! | Top bar: Always visible