Chalk by Bill Thomson

Chalk (original 2010; edition 2012)

by Bill Thomson

Member:seapuck
Title:Chalk
Authors:Bill Thomson
Info:Amazon Children's Publishing (2012), Kindle Edition, 40 pages
Collections:Your library, Kindle, Childrens Fiction
Rating:*****
Tags:Dinosaurs, Chalk, Wordless

Chalk by Bill Thomson (2010)

Cute book that plays around with how we create our world-careful what you wish for!

I would use this book with young readers and have them create the text for the pictures.
  kristiewray | Apr 9, 2016 |
I really like this book! The book pushes readers to think about all what would they draw if they had magical chalk. The illustrations were excellently drawn. I love the 3D drawings and detail in every picture. The characters are very believable. Children are easily intrigued by their imagination and are willing to follow their imagination anywhere. I think the big idea in this message is to explore all possibilities as if you were still young. ( )
  tbarne16 | Mar 31, 2016 |
Great picture book for all ages and can help teach predictions, questioning, and problem solving.
  charity_thurman | Mar 29, 2016 |
This book is about 3 kids who are walking through a park and discover a bag of chalk that, when drawn with, makes what is drawn come to life, even scary things! ( )
  childrenslitpdx | Mar 13, 2016 |
This is a fabulous wordless book about a group of children who go to the park and their chalk drawings come to life. They draw the sun, butterflies, and a dinosaur. The children come up with a clever drawing to get rid of the scary dinosaur.

CC: predictions, write the story based on pictures, art teacher lessons
  jeziorskij | Mar 3, 2016 |
This book is dedicated with love to the miracles in my life . . . my wondrous sons, Billy, Nik, and Ethan

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0761455264, School & Library Binding)

A rainy day. Three kids in a park. A dinosaur spring rider. A bag of chalk. The kids begin to draw. . . and then . . . magic! The children draw the sun, butterflies, and a dinosaur that amazingly come to life. Children will never feel the same about the playground after they experience this astounding wordless picture book and the power of the imagination. Bill Thomson embraced traditional painting techniques and meticulously painted each illustration by hand, using acrylic paint and colored pencils.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:03 -0400)

A wordless picture book about three children who go to a park on a rainy day, find some chalk, and draw pictures that come to life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,259,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible