Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes

Crossing Oceans (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Gina Holmes

Member:SherylHendrix
Title:Crossing Oceans
Authors:Gina Holmes
Info:Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (2010), Edition: 3rd printing, Paperback, 400 pages

Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes (2010)

Wow, this book had me in tears by the time I'd finished. It really makes you think about life and the love between a mother and her child. I don't really have words to explain the emotions that this made me feel. Very good read! ( )
  Tabatha014 | Jun 28, 2016 |
Crossing Oceans tells the story of one girl's decision that affects the whole family. Jenny left home six years ago and decided she would never come back. But life has a way of changing our plans. Now she must make the biggest decision of her life. I love that she needs the support of her family and friends to make that decision. Reading this book made me think of all the decision I made in my life were always the best decisions. ( )
  JCGirl | May 4, 2016 |
This was a sad story, but worth the read. I rarely come across books that don't have a happy ending, so in a way it was refreshing. I kept thi/nking there was going to be some sort of surprise miracle at the end, but there wasn't.

I didn't like the epilogue, it was supposed to be in Isabella's adult voice, but it read just like the rest of the novel had, in Jenny's voice. There were parts of it that didn't make sense too, it wasn't just the POV that left me unsatisfied. Bella says she is going to put away the ring with the rest of her memories, away from the new baby. This seemed to come out of nowhere and didn't make sense at all to me; it left me wondering why? Especially since she died when Bella was only five.

There were no other real problems with the plot that made me dislike the book. I didn't know that this was classified as a Christian novel until I read the acknowledgments page, but reading through it there weren't a lot of overly noticeable or overbearing Christian themes. So even if someone isn't interested in reading a Christian book they shouldn't actually have any problems with this one. ( )
  twileteyes | Feb 4, 2016 |
A beautiful and touching story. It's hard to believe this is a debut novel! This charming book hooked me from the first chapter with great characters and a story that pulls you right into it. ( )
  NinjaTat | Dec 20, 2014 |
*Thanks for providing a copy for review.*
  cherryblossommj | May 28, 2013 |
Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later.
ROMANS 8:18
For my sister, Jodi, who has already crossed.
Nothing deepens a stream like a good rain . . . or makes it harder to cross.

Single mother Jenny Lucas must find caregivers who will raise her five-year-old daughter when she's gone. Returning to her hometown in North Carolina, she's forced to mend relations with two possible custodians: the baby's father, who doesn't know he has a child, and her own cold-hearted father.… (more)

Gina Holmes is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,391,244 books! | Top bar: Always visible