Stuck With You by Trish Jensen

Stuck With You (edition 2012)

by Trish Jensen

Member:pgbirdlet
Title:Stuck With You
Authors:Trish Jensen
Info:
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

Stuck With You (Time of Your Life) by Trish Jensen

What happens when the Snake meets the Shrew? An explosion for starters. This is an extremely cute story perfect for a lazy day afternoon or a beach read. Paige Hart and Ross Bennett have intense sexual tension between each other from the beginning which only gets stronger due to a combination of being quarantined together and the possibility of contracting the Tibetan Concupiscence Virus.This book contains many clichés and it’s characters conform to stereotypes but that doesn’t detract from the story. I admit at times I did get a little frustrated with all the legal terms and lawyer speak that Paige and Ross inserted into conversation whilst they were flirting but I still enjoyed their banter. Paige was a little too shrill and I could picture her stomping her foot when things didn’t go her way. As for Mr Bennett? He was a little too perfect in my eyes. Too handsome, too caring, too everything. I just wanted him to have some flaws. Him being as perfect as he was started to get on my nerves. He needed something to be less than perfect so that he would appeal to me a little more. However, as a match for Paige, I really liked them together.This book also contained a love story between Paige’s brother, Nick, and her doctor, Rachel. I enjoy reading about characters who have a complicated history together and these two definitely had that. I would have liked to have seen a little more of the two of them. For me they were the more interesting relationship and they had a lot more to sort out together however they were given a lot less face time with the audience. I felt like their story was wrapped up a little too quickly and a little too neatly all things considered.This book was first published ten years ago and with it’s re-release you can tell that some things have been updated – like Nick’s use of an iPad. There were other things that I felt should have been changed too (like Nick calling the restaurant from Rachel’s home phone instead of a cell/mobile phone). The TV shows that were referenced in the story were all rather old but I found myself liking that. I knew the exact episode of Friends they were watching!Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and learning new sports euphemisms. It’s a book that was fairly predictable but one where it’s not the destination but rather the journey that’s important. ( )
  kashtastic | Jul 1, 2012 |
Other reviewers have focused on the implausibility of the plot. True, it is about a couple exposed to an aphrodisiac-type virus. It's clearly mentioned in the product description. However, I found it to be quite entertaining. The dialogue is at times very funny, and the sexual tension is palpable. When they begin playing baseball...well, things get really interesting! I also liked Paige's crazy family, which includes a kleptomaniac aunt. The characters are likable and behave appropriately, considering their backgrounds. It's not always an easy road to love for these two, but it sure is a lot of fun! ( )
  halo776 | May 15, 2012 |
Free on Kindle. Spoilers abound.
This is a silly book. I'm not sure why I read it all the way through. In a completely impossible development, 2 very attractive people who are opponents in court & in life end up in a hospital room quarantined together. They are strongly attracted to each other. The woman fights it, the man is happier with it. Meanwhile her brother meets the doctor & realizes she is the love of his life who somehow he lost touch with by leaving school without talking to her. So everybody is happy. I don't remember if there is more of a story. The tension is whether they will admit their true feelings. And they do!
  franoscar | Mar 8, 2012 |
This was a really fun read. The dialogue was witty and clever. I really enjoyed the progression of the romance. It probably could have been tied up a little sooner. The last 10th of the book kind of drags out the story with storyline that should have been introduced sooner or ended before it was introduced. I do wish more of Nick and Rachel's storyline had been included, just because I enjoyed their banter and potential. I recommend to any modern romance fan. ( )
  Nikk1s | Mar 5, 2012 |
The book tell the story of Paige and Ross who was admitted to the Hospital and forced to be quarantine together for 14 days due to "sexual" viral infection scare. It was during their stay in the hospital that both of them are strongly attracted to each other. They tried their best to overcome the matter and at times, provoking each other to cover their feelings. At the same time, the doctor who is treating them. Dr Rachel found herself face to face with the person who has break her heart; Nick who is also Paige's brother. It was rather hard for Rachel to talk to Nick professional due to their past which Nick obviously have no idea have hurt her so much.

It is rather a funny story plot especially when both Paige and Ross blamed their attraction to the viral infection and i like the part where they played scrabble to divert their attraction to each other only to find that Ross play indeed a dirty scrabble by creating all sort of sexuality words at every chance. It actually make me laugh out loud reading them. Overall, the book is rather "nice" to read with light story plot. ( )
  jolzyn | Mar 1, 2012 |

As lawyers on opposing sides of a messy divorce case, Paige Hart and Ross Bennett ought to have kept matters purely professional, yet Paige and Ross came to loathe each other with an intensity that was strictly personal. The bad blood between them takes on an unexpected new dimension when the infuriated pair is forced to share a hospital room, when they’re quarantined after being exposed to the rare and highly contagious Tibetan Concupiscence Virus that’s reputed to shift sensual desire into high gear.

When symptoms (which a nonmedical person might mistake for pure and simple lust) start showing up way ahead of schedule, the lawyers’ objections to each other are overruled — and they enjoy every minute of it. But, after the doctors declare that the disease has run its course, Paige and Ross are still feverish with a longing for one another that they hope will never be cured. When the verdict comes in, will they be sentenced to life — in love?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,406,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible