Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot

Queen of Babble (edition 2007)

by Meg Cabot

Member:kiwibookworm
Title:Queen of Babble
Authors:Meg Cabot
Info:Avon A (2007), Paperback, 336 pages

Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot

English (49)  Portuguese (1)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (52)
Meg Cabot's "Queen of Babble" is further proof I'm getting more crotchety in my old age. I know I loved this book the first time I read it, but this time around I found the narrator Lizzie's fashion obsession a little grating.

I think my library must be sick of my interlibrary loans and is throttling me-- I only get one book at a time these days. So, I decided to pull something off my shelves to fill the gap... it was between this and Slavomir Rawicz's "The Long Walk." I went with frothy and bubbly instead of gritty and sad. I probably should have gone with Rawicz instead.

I don't know if knowing how the rest of the series turned out hindered my enjoyment of this one or whether I'm finally getting to an age where I've outgrown young adult fiction. Don't get me wrong, Meg Cabot is good at what she does.... I just didn't enjoy this quick read as much as I expected. ( )
  amerynth | May 4, 2015 |
Loved it! Must go to the library soon and get the rest of the series. I swear I can't go wrong with a Meg Cabot book. Her characters are always so endearing. Lizze is so sweet and she goes through so much in such a short amount of time. I'm very happy with the way things have turned out for her. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I have decided to stop pretending and admit to the world that I LOVE MEG CABOT. I know they're trashy but they're fun, and she's just about the only author of this type that I like. Her writing isn't annoying or overdone or to explanatory or anything. At times it's too verbal or too simple but it fits for the genre. QoB are my favorite Meg Cabot books so far. Can't wait for the third one! ( )
  GraceZ | Sep 6, 2014 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
cute, fast read for an older teen girl. some sexual content. the main character is funny and adorable, constantly getting herself into crazy and also fantastic situations. hilarity ensues. my favorite book from the series. ( )
  RegionalRRockstars | Apr 25, 2013 |
To Benjamin
I can't believe this.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060851996, Paperback)

Lizzie Nichols has a problem: she can't keep anything to herself. And when she opens her big mouth on a trip to London, her good intentions get her long-distance beau, Andrew, in major hot water. Now she's stuck in England with no boyfriend and no place to stay until the departure date on her nonrefundable airline ticket. Fortunately, Lizzie's best friend and college roommate, Shari, is spending her summer catering weddings in a sixteenth-century château in southern France. Who cares if Lizzie's never traveled alone in her life and only speaks rudimentary French? She's off to Souillac to lend a helping hand!

One glimpse of gorgeous Château Mirac—and of gorgeous Luke, the son of the château's owner—and Lizzie's smitten. But thanks to her chronic inability to keep a secret, before the first cork has been popped Luke hates her, the bride is in tears, and Château Mirac is on the road to becoming a lipo-recovery spa. Add to that the arrival of ex-beau Andrew, who's looking for "closure" (or at least a loan), and everything—including Lizzie's shot at true love—is in la toilette . . . unless she can figure out some way to use her big mouth to save the day.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:02 -0400)

Recent college graduate Lizzie Nichols takes the money intended for a downpayment on a New York apartment and travels to London to be with Andrew who she thought was her dream man, and upon learning her mistake moves on to France to stay with a friend who is working at a chateau for the summer, where her inability to keep secrets leads to big trouble and a better love. Contains adult content.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,400,116 books! | Top bar: Always visible