Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia

English (142)  Italian (1)  All languages (143)
This was really good. It goes into more of whats going on between ethan and lena. and when I say that I mean that as their destiny. Why there are so many "coincidences" that involve the two of them. Although you don't really see much of lena, there's a lot that goes on.

I liked how in Beautiful Darkness, there is a struggle between the two. Lena is distancing herself from Ethan because she believes that she is goin Dark because of how she used the book of moons to save him. Lena meets John Breed, who is a mix blood incubus. Lena meets him through Ridley, who Lena apparently patches things up with. But that's off the pages, and you dont really see that till later. Ethan thinks that Lena is under their control, but really Lena's guilt is what was driving her. On top of that Ethan meets Liv, a Keeper in training. Ethan becomes jealous, and really mad when Lena runs away from Ethan and gets onto John's harley. Lena gets jealous and mad when she sees Ethan and Liv out getting lunch when he's introducing her to the town. So there are a lot of emotions going on.

More family history then just when the curse was placed. Lila JANE Wate... all I'm saying.

Sarafine is still alive and they almost get Lena to go dark by using her guilt for Macon's "death". But since they keep telling her to "Claim Herself" she claimed herself to be both Light and Dark. There for being both Light and Dark. One green eye and one Gold.

John also bit Link who is now sorta an incubus, but you don't find that out till like the last couple of pages. Amma can kick ass with her one eyed stick. The fair scene was pretty awesome. I also was curious about how the cat, Lucille, is a caster cat and yet Ethan can get visions from her. But he's not a caster.

So a lot of spoilers, mostly so I will remember myself, since I read so many books all the time. but this is a series I will DEFINITELY continue to buy! ( )
  RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
I'm still enjoying myself reading eh story but I'm also feeling a bit confused. The book is a tad all over the place and lacked a proper ending, in my opinion. I felt slightly out of place while reading this installment of the series but I'm hoping I'll enjoy the next book more. ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
Es wurden sehr viele neue Charaktere vorgestellt, teilweise wie ich finde sehr überhastet am Schluss. Es hat für mich fast den Eindruck gehabt, als hätten die Autoren nicht ganz gewusst, wie sie aus dem Schlamassel wieder heraus kommen und kurz noch etwas dazu erfunden.

Mal schauen, wie es im nächsten Band ergeht, wenn Ethan der einzige ist, der keine Superkräfte mehr hat. (Nun gut, außer Ridley)

Für einen zweiten Band, der offensichtlich ein "Zwischenband" ist, ist das Buch ok. Zum Schluss wird es wieder etwas spannender, und es macht auf jeden Fall Lust auf den dritten Band.
Wie ich gerade entdeckt habe gibt es einen vierten Band. Schade, hatte mich schon gefreut alle Bücher in der Bib zu bekommen, aber das vierte ist ja noch nicht mal auf deutsch erschienen, da hat es die Bib natürlich nicht. Hmpf.

ACHTUNG, Spoiler für das Ende des Buches! Nicht weiter lesen, wer nicht gespoilert werden möchte !!!

Mochte den Fakt nicht, dass Malcom am Schluss doch noch "aufersteht", und fande die Lösung etwas lahm. Das nimmt dem ganzen etwas die Endgültigkeit und wertet den Tod ab. Fande den Charakter auch etwas gekünstelt geschrieben.
Auch komisch, dass Ethan so um ihn getrauert hat. Es ist ja nicht so, als hätte er sooooo wahnsinnig viel mit ihm zu tun gehabt, und er kannte ihn gerade mal ein 3/4 Jahr.
  Geektesse | Dec 10, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this book although sometimes I find Lena to be a bit whiny and erratic although I suppose that is how she is supposed to come off, given what is happening. However, Ethan is ever persistent and the perpetual "good boy" and to be honest, I personally would have given up on Lena but Ethan is obviously a better person than me! It is interesting to learn more about the caster world and finding out about Macon still being alive was a great twist. I cant wait for the next series that chronicles Link's life as an incubus as much as I cant wait to read the next book in this series! ( )
  samanthamholt | Nov 21, 2017 |
"Lies, lies are the place where darkness grows"

Lena hasn't been the same since the night of her sixteenth birthday. Macon is gone, and she's spiraling to where she's almost unrecognizable herself. Then she starts hanging out with her siren cousin Ridley, and the incubus-not incubus- John, her eyes have started going gold completely, and Ethan realizes he's gonna lose her, and he's also the only chance to save her.

I liked this book much better than the first one. Ethan is starting to come into his own, and he's actually developing as a character. I also really enjoyed the extra Link time. I think Link is the best character in this series, and I'm interested to see where his story goes with how he was left off at the end of this book. The magic/world building is still a little lacking, but I'm hoping that'll change as the series progresses. ( )
  lunaloretta | Sep 8, 2017 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
I used to think our town, buried in the South Carolina backwoods, stuck in the muddy bottom of the Santee River Valley, was the middle of nowhere.

One night in the rain, Ethan Wate opened his eyes and fell in love with Lena Duchannes. His life would never be the same. Lena is a Caster and her family is locked in a supernatural civil war: full of darkness and demons. On her sixteenth birthday Lena made a terrifying choice, which now haunts her day and night. And as her seventeenth birthday approaches Lena and Ethan face even greater danger. A Caster and a Mortal can never truly be together. Every kiss is a curse. Ethan’s next heartbeat could be his last. It is their curse now . .

In a small southern town with a secret world hidden in plain sight, sixteen-year-old Lena, who possesses supernatural powers and faces a life-altering decision, draws away from her true love, Ethan, a mortal with frightening visions.

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,111,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible