Beautiful Darkness (Beautiful Creatures) by…

Beautiful Darkness (Beautiful Creatures) (edition 2011)

by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl

Member:sarahmontgomery19
Title:Beautiful Darkness (Beautiful Creatures)
Authors:Kami Garcia
Other authors:Margaret Stohl
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 528 pages

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia

English (101)  Italian (1)  All languages (102)
I am not sure why others didn't like this book as much. I thought it was very necessary to the continuation of the plot. We met new and interesting characters, and with Lena out of the way we got to know them and a lot more about existing characters. I am not a fan of Lena yet, but perhaps I will be once she makes peace with herself and finds some inner strength. ( )
  tames | Feb 4, 2016 |
I am truly in love with this series, but mostly Ethan. I've never had a "book boyfriend" before but he seriously take the cake. From how awesome this series is, I hope they make all of them into movies! ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
I love the descriptive writing the authors present in this series. It is easy to visualize the details and get lost in the story. The main characters are back and grown with their experiences as they naturally would have. The southern-isims
are one of may favorite parts, The authors captured the south and it's charming quirks beautifully. The sisters.......LOL
We get more into the history of the Caster world. There are ties to many people of the town and family that are reveled. New characters inter, one gives up a dream to save their friends/world. Link the best friend side kick is adorable and puts it all out their to be stomped on and nearly killed. His character is what we all want in a best friend. His ex is back and causing trouble, and she brought a friend. He rides in on his bike and tears things apart. It reads like a tornado, everything is thrown about and lands in a new place. The ending has a bang and I can't wait to read the next book. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
The second novel in the Beautiful Creatures series begins with the funeral of Macon Ravenwood, Lena's uncle and Incubus, who died at the end of last premiere novel. Believing she was the cause for of her uncle's death, she leaves her home in the company of Ridley, her Siren cousin and John Breed, a mysterious Light Caster journeying through a maze of underground tunnels heading for the Great Barrier, a place considered to be Nirvana among the Casters. Discovering her destination and fearing that he will lose her forever, Ethan; his best friend Link; Liv, an apprentice Librarian, and Lucille Ball, an ever disappearing cat, follow her to tell her that Macon is very much alive. Although I enjoyed the plot of this novel better than the first, I did find its prose more awkward and difficult to follow. The period characters spent in the tunnels was particularly entertaining to me, especially, the time in Savannah, Ga. ( )
  John_Warner | Jan 19, 2016 |
Much better than the first one although I could do without the special effects in audio version ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
I used to think our town, buried in the South Carolina backwoods, stuck in the muddy bottom of the Santee River Valley, was the middle of nowhere.

One night in the rain, Ethan Wate opened his eyes and fell in love with Lena Duchannes. His life would never be the same. Lena is a Caster and her family is locked in a supernatural civil war: full of darkness and demons. On her sixteenth birthday Lena made a terrifying choice, which now haunts her day and night. And as her seventeenth birthday approaches Lena and Ethan face even greater danger. A Caster and a Mortal can never truly be together. Every kiss is a curse. Ethan’s next heartbeat could be his last. It is their curse now . .

In a small southern town with a secret world hidden in plain sight, sixteen-year-old Lena, who possesses supernatural powers and faces a life-altering decision, draws away from her true love, Ethan, a mortal with frightening visions.

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,052,869 books! | Top bar: Always visible