Vervloekt / druk 1 by Kami Garcia

Vervloekt / druk 1 (edition 2011)

by Kami Garcia, Louise Staal (Translator), Margaret Stohl

Member:Johan30
Title:Vervloekt / druk 1
Authors:Kami Garcia
Other authors:Louise Staal (Translator), Margaret Stohl
Info:House of Books B.V. (2011), Hardcover
Rating:*****

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia

English (85)  Italian (1)  All languages (86)
A pathetic moping hero,a stupid,arrogant,tantrum throwing heroine and never ending series of magical tunnels.....That's what all this book is about.

This book is irritating and stretchy.I just don't understand why the authors wasted so many pages on either Ethan moping around or Lena throwing tantrums.The story just went in circles never reaching the main plot.All these pages are completely unnecessary.It could have easily ended in half the pages of its actual length.
Only substantial things that happened in this book were in the last 100 pages.One could easily skipped some middle parts of the book and still would understand everything.

And this Lena and her coming moon and her choosing side is really getting on my nerves.Why can't she just choose one side and get it over with?What is so hard about it?Just say light or dark and finish the damn claiming already.But no,she had to say something weird to keep the story going.If they are going to do another coming moon and another claiming in the next book,I will have to throw the book away.

The only good thing about the book is my favorite character Macon is back.And the most interesting character in the book is the "Cat".I just hate to give any book 1 star and that's the only reason I gave it two stars. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
I really don't think I will continue reading this series. While there were things I liked about the first book, this one didn't really bring anything new to the table or make me like the series any more than my previously lukewarm feelings. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
This book was a close second with the first, Beautiful Creatures. Lena and Ethan are just so CUTE!. I loved the way they literally had a spark when their skin touched. This was an excellent book and I would recommend it! ( )
  Taralovesherpaper | May 21, 2014 |
I tore through this book. I was so excited to read it, it took me about a day. If I had had the chance to just sit and read it, it would have taken me half the time. I really just did devour it.

Beautiful Darkness was fast-paced and exciting, more so than Beautiful Creatures, I think. Lena really annoyed me in this one, but I really did want her and Ethan to be together and stay together...it just had to be that way! The writing of these books really sucks me in and I can't wait for the next one. ( )
  crashmyparty | May 14, 2014 |
After the tragedy that happened on Lena's birthday, Ethan feels like she's been pulling away from him. She's more down than usual and she's shutting him out of her mind, which isn't usual for Lena. While being shut out by Lena, Ethan meets Liv, Marian's new assistant at the library, who turns out to be a Keeper in training. Lena starts hanging out with a guy named John Breed who justs gives off a sense of trouble and mischief. Ethan is not a huge fan of John, but Lena and her cousin, Ridley, seem to be. Suddenly, Lena goes to leave with John to go to the Great Barrier which is supposed to be everything Lena has ever wanted according to John, but when Ethan, Liv, and Link go to save her, craziness ensues.

In the second book of the Caster Chronicles series, Beautiful Darkness, the plot was quite boring and drawn out, and even though it took awhile to get started in the first one, it hardly ever got started in this one. This book was basically 503 pages of boring and nothing. Sure, it had some good parts, but for the most part it was just not as good as I expected it to be. I found it hard to stay focused on the words I was reading and not roll my eyes at really cliche parts that anybody with common sense could've seen coming. It took about maybe 100-200 pages to get kind of good but even then it would last for a page or paragraph, and then the story would resume and keep dragging on and on. I remember thinking how the last one changed my opinion about the whole series, but this book gave me an entirely new opinion, and let's just say it's not a good one. I don't think I will be reading the third one any time soon, or at all for that matter, because even though the ending made me somewhat curious, I know I'm going to go through the same thing I did with this one if I read it. Out of the entire book I'd say there were about 3-5 parts that I genuinely liked and wished were longer, but instead they were stopped short or weren't explained enough to my liking. Normally when I read a long book I'm not this hard on it, but that's mostly because it kept me interested the entire time or only had a few bad/ boring parts, and not having the entire thing be horrible enough to make me want to throw it at the wall in hopes of changing the story. Overall, I'm giving Beautiful Darkness 2 1/2 stars because it was VERY boring and drawn out to the point where it was almost painful to read it. If I could change the story, would I? In a heartbeat. If I could go back in time, would I still have read it? Knowing what I know about it now, definitely not. I would've picked up another book that's a lot more interesting and read that instead of wasting my time on this. ( )
  br14brje | May 12, 2014 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
I used to think our town, buried in the South Carolina backwoods, stuck in the muddy bottom of the Santee River Valley, was the middle of nowhere.

One night in the rain, Ethan Wate opened his eyes and fell in love with Lena Duchannes. His life would never be the same. Lena is a Caster and her family is locked in a supernatural civil war: full of darkness and demons. On her sixteenth birthday Lena made a terrifying choice, which now haunts her day and night. And as her seventeenth birthday approaches Lena and Ethan face even greater danger. A Caster and a Mortal can never truly be together. Every kiss is a curse. Ethan’s next heartbeat could be his last. It is their curse now . .

In a small southern town with a secret world hidden in plain sight, sixteen-year-old Lena, who possesses supernatural powers and faces a life-altering decision, draws away from her true love, Ethan, a mortal with frightening visions.

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,626,145 books! | Top bar: Always visible