Vervloekt / druk 1 by Kami Garcia

Vervloekt / druk 1 (edition 2011)

by Kami Garcia, Louise Staal (Translator), Margaret Stohl

Member:Johan30
Title:Vervloekt / druk 1
Authors:Kami Garcia
Other authors:Louise Staal (Translator), Margaret Stohl
Info:House of Books B.V. (2011), Hardcover
Rating:*****

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia

2013 (8) Book 2 (9) Caster Chronicles (14) Casters (13) ebook (16) family (7) fantasy (81) fiction (54) friendship (8) gothic (10) Kindle (11) love (15) magic (44) mystery (7) own (9) paranormal (44) paranormal romance (9) read (9) romance (43) series (26) South Carolina (12) southern (12) southern gothic (16) supernatural (30) teen (17) to-read (64) urban fantasy (13) witches (32) YA (48) young adult (81)

English (84)  Italian (1)  All languages (85)
I really don't think I will continue reading this series. While there were things I liked about the first book, this one didn't really bring anything new to the table or make me like the series any more than my previously lukewarm feelings. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
This book was a close second with the first, Beautiful Creatures. Lena and Ethan are just so CUTE!. I loved the way they literally had a spark when their skin touched. This was an excellent book and I would recommend it! ( )
  Taralovesherpaper | May 21, 2014 |
I tore through this book. I was so excited to read it, it took me about a day. If I had had the chance to just sit and read it, it would have taken me half the time. I really just did devour it.

Beautiful Darkness was fast-paced and exciting, more so than Beautiful Creatures, I think. Lena really annoyed me in this one, but I really did want her and Ethan to be together and stay together...it just had to be that way! The writing of these books really sucks me in and I can't wait for the next one. ( )
  crashmyparty | May 14, 2014 |
After the tragedy that happened on Lena's birthday, Ethan feels like she's been pulling away from him. She's more down than usual and she's shutting him out of her mind, which isn't usual for Lena. While being shut out by Lena, Ethan meets Liv, Marian's new assistant at the library, who turns out to be a Keeper in training. Lena starts hanging out with a guy named John Breed who justs gives off a sense of trouble and mischief. Ethan is not a huge fan of John, but Lena and her cousin, Ridley, seem to be. Suddenly, Lena goes to leave with John to go to the Great Barrier which is supposed to be everything Lena has ever wanted according to John, but when Ethan, Liv, and Link go to save her, craziness ensues.

In the second book of the Caster Chronicles series, Beautiful Darkness, the plot was quite boring and drawn out, and even though it took awhile to get started in the first one, it hardly ever got started in this one. This book was basically 503 pages of boring and nothing. Sure, it had some good parts, but for the most part it was just not as good as I expected it to be. I found it hard to stay focused on the words I was reading and not roll my eyes at really cliche parts that anybody with common sense could've seen coming. It took about maybe 100-200 pages to get kind of good but even then it would last for a page or paragraph, and then the story would resume and keep dragging on and on. I remember thinking how the last one changed my opinion about the whole series, but this book gave me an entirely new opinion, and let's just say it's not a good one. I don't think I will be reading the third one any time soon, or at all for that matter, because even though the ending made me somewhat curious, I know I'm going to go through the same thing I did with this one if I read it. Out of the entire book I'd say there were about 3-5 parts that I genuinely liked and wished were longer, but instead they were stopped short or weren't explained enough to my liking. Normally when I read a long book I'm not this hard on it, but that's mostly because it kept me interested the entire time or only had a few bad/ boring parts, and not having the entire thing be horrible enough to make me want to throw it at the wall in hopes of changing the story. Overall, I'm giving Beautiful Darkness 2 1/2 stars because it was VERY boring and drawn out to the point where it was almost painful to read it. If I could change the story, would I? In a heartbeat. If I could go back in time, would I still have read it? Knowing what I know about it now, definitely not. I would've picked up another book that's a lot more interesting and read that instead of wasting my time on this. ( )
  br14brje | May 12, 2014 |
I did not really enjoy this book. It read like filler chapters. I found the characters to be frustrating and flat, or predictable. It seemed like in the grand scheme of this series this entire book was irrelevant. Did Lena *really* need to run off? No, she was being a bit dramatic. So did Ethan need to chase her? Nope. Once again I did enjoy the aunts though. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
I used to think our town, buried in the South Carolina backwoods, stuck in the muddy bottom of the Santee River Valley, was the middle of nowhere.

One night in the rain, Ethan Wate opened his eyes and fell in love with Lena Duchannes. His life would never be the same. Lena is a Caster and her family is locked in a supernatural civil war: full of darkness and demons. On her sixteenth birthday Lena made a terrifying choice, which now haunts her day and night. And as her seventeenth birthday approaches Lena and Ethan face even greater danger. A Caster and a Mortal can never truly be together. Every kiss is a curse. Ethan’s next heartbeat could be his last. It is their curse now . .

In a small southern town with a secret world hidden in plain sight, sixteen-year-old Lena, who possesses supernatural powers and faces a life-altering decision, draws away from her true love, Ethan, a mortal with frightening visions.

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,496,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible