Vervloekt / druk 1 by Kami Garcia

Vervloekt / druk 1 (edition 2011)

by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Louise Staal (Translator)

Member:Johan30
Title:Vervloekt / druk 1
Authors:Kami Garcia
Other authors:Margaret Stohl, Louise Staal (Translator)
Info:House of Books B.V. (2011), Hardcover
Rating:*****

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia

English (138)  Italian (1)  All languages (139)
Beautiful Creatures was (and remains as) one of my favorite books since I read it. I loved the writing style, the dialogs, the plot, the scenes... I fell in love with if. If you take my copy out of my bookshelf, you'll see all the post-its as a proof.

But this? This *thing* -because I refuse to call this a book- killed all that. I'm trying to think maybe I read it in a bad moment. I hope that's it. But, gosh! I didn't like this a bit. It dragged on and on. I read this in seven freaking months.

I'll try to reread it. I hope I'm wrong. I hope I missed something. ( )
  LiindaSnow97 | Jun 27, 2016 |
Liked this one much more than Beautiful Creatures. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
Okay this was written for teenage girls. It was okay. Got a bit difficult to finish as it dragged. ( )
  Arkrayder | Apr 22, 2016 |
Still loving Ethan's voice, even with his thoughts being a bit more melancholy and darker. The story itself is a lot darker than the original and more adventurous.

Lena is consumed with guilt after the events of her sixteenth birthday, she becomes withdrawn, avoids Ethan and unbeknownst to him she begins to shift into a darker mood. Ethan is still in the dark about what actually happened the night of Lena's birthday, that her mother Sarafina killed him and that Lena and Amma brought him back using the Book of Moons. As Lena starts to slip away from Ethan, he wonders if it's all worth it and maybe he should go back to trying to get out of Gatlin and step away from the Caster world. Ethan quickly learns that he has been a part of the magical world of Casters and Incubuses all along, in fact, he was probably born to be a part of it. So Lena's attempts to keep out of her life for his own safety as been in vain. When Ethan realizes there's no avoiding his destiny he sets out to make things right for Lena again, even if she doesn't want him to.

I believe Lena's confusion and guilt doesn't make things easy for those trying to help her, in actuality she makes things more difficult. I really wish she would stop being so gloomy and realize she needs to help herself first and not stand by and watch everyone help her.

Link is still a "character", I can't get enough of him, he definitely adds the comic relief and the sisters, they continue to boggle the mind. Speaking of boggling the mind, Ridley, she makes me off kilter, I think I can always judge a character right away or at least eventually but, every time I think I figure her out she goes and confuses me again. Love the new addition of characters, they added that extra layer to the story. Are they bad? Are they good? But they definitely added some interesting conflicts to Lena and Ethan's relationship.

This installment of the Caster Chronicles was such an adventure, and very mesmerizing, can only imagine how beautiful the scenery and sights must be. Really enjoyed this book and continue to be bewitched by the series. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
I went straight into this one after beautiful creatures because i couldn't wait to see what happened next: I enjoyed this book but not as much as the first - I did still read it all within 24 hours though so it definitely didn't suck!
A lot happens but I felt this book was just a bridge to the next. I've started on Beatiful Chaos and can't wait to see how it goes ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
I used to think our town, buried in the South Carolina backwoods, stuck in the muddy bottom of the Santee River Valley, was the middle of nowhere.

One night in the rain, Ethan Wate opened his eyes and fell in love with Lena Duchannes. His life would never be the same. Lena is a Caster and her family is locked in a supernatural civil war: full of darkness and demons. On her sixteenth birthday Lena made a terrifying choice, which now haunts her day and night. And as her seventeenth birthday approaches Lena and Ethan face even greater danger. A Caster and a Mortal can never truly be together. Every kiss is a curse. Ethan’s next heartbeat could be his last. It is their curse now . .

In a small southern town with a secret world hidden in plain sight, sixteen-year-old Lena, who possesses supernatural powers and faces a life-altering decision, draws away from her true love, Ethan, a mortal with frightening visions.

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,130,001 books! | Top bar: Always visible