Rapture by Lauren Kate

Torment was indeed torment. Rapture is somehow release.
I had SO MUCH TROUBLE reading the second and third book of this series! I simply did not enjoy them, as my rating have shown!
I was so hesitant to read this book, that I do not understand how I finally got myself to read it. I am grateful I did, though.
Everything wrapped up perfectly, and everything was explained! SUCH A PLOT TWIIIIST! I am still fangirling, yaaaaas!!!!
This is what I call a good closure. It leaves us hanging, but satisfied with how it all turned out.
Well done here, Lauren Kate, I shall pat you in the back (with all due respect (: ). ( )
  jayelaglez | Jul 31, 2015 |
it was fabulous. the pace was set just right. and the ending was lovely ( )
  silverdshay123 | Jun 23, 2015 |

Really endures all eternity. *sigh* contented with the ending. ( )
  englisherna | Apr 8, 2015 |
Rapture is the love story that takes us from today to the beginning of time, and back again in the Fallen series. The story is unfolding Lucinda & Daniel's long history together and discovering how to fix the balance between Heaven and Hell.

Lucinda Price, known by many other names in these books, is the main character and we read the story from her perspective. I think there is someone in this series that everyone can relate to. I got to the end and I still want to know Cam's story. It seems that there is something the author isn't telling us between Cam & Lucy. Leaving room for another book at a late date perhaps?

There weren't as many places travelled to in Rapture, although is does retell some of the events that took place with Bill. It definitely makes the story easier to follow as the new places were pivotal to the end of the story.

Time was crucial. They only had nine days to accomplish defeating Lucifer. The angels spent a lot of time in the air flying this time and Lucy took this time to think everything through & managed to get some hours sleep & food in her belly. Let's remember, she is human after all. I think it's funny that toilet breaks don't appear in books. Thinking can happen in the bathroom too!

My favourite lines have to be when Daniel reminds Luce,
"What did I tell you?"
She shifted through the million exchanges she and Daniel had ever shared-the good, the sad, the ugly. One rose above the clouds of her mind.
She was shaking. "That you will always find me."
"Yes. Always. No matter what."
I think the original of this line is probably better. Not that I can recall from memory when or where it takes place.

Enough of the book. The cover, I think should reflect Lucy but instead I find the back of a woman, dressed in a white floaty dress, with long dark but thick hair. I'm pretty sure Lucy's hair is short in the present day, but that's not very angelic, is it?

Cover aside, I rate this book 4 stars. I think the air time really drags this book out. I feel Daniel repeats himself so much that Lucy has to find out everything for herself. Does she really do it alone? She has all these angels and supernatural around her giving her hints and tips along the way... and I want to know what the story is with Cam! ( )
  sharlenehsmith | Mar 9, 2015 |
This was a great book. I think this one and the short stories "Fallen in Love" were the two best of the series. I'm really glad that Lauren Kate ended it on a high note and didn't get "story happy". I guess what I mean is that she didn't drag the ending out for like 4 or 5 more books like some popular authors would have. This is one of the best series of books that i've read. ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |

While searching for the place where the angels fell to earth to stop Lucifer from erasing the past, Luce and Daniel make a startling discovery about their love.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,760,264 books! | Top bar: Always visible