Rapture by Lauren Kate

This book made reading all the other books worth it. I liked the first one, but the second and third weren't my favorite. I actually debated on rather or not to even read the last one. But, I'm so glad I did. It was the perfect ending to a love story.

As stupid as it sounds, I'm only giving it 4 stars because of Kate's depiction of God. What can I say? I deducted a star for it because I can.

Happy reading. :) ( )
  Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
A great ending for the Fallen series.

The fallen angels have 9 days to find the spot where they originally fell. Otherwise, Lucifer will win and wipe the slate clean.

This book shows just how strong the love Luce and Daniel have for each other is. Daniel knows the truth of everything, but can't confide in Luce. She has to figure things out on her own. And boy, I did not see the outcome of the truth coming. I was like, "Oh my WOW." I'm not sure what I was expecting, but that wasn't it.

While searching for the relics that will tell them the site of the fall, they begin battling the Scale. The Scale is a group of angels that believe they are doing the Throne's will by harassing the fallen angels and outcasts. Along this journey we lose and gain very dear friends. People you never though you'd say goodbye to depart this world. I found myself in tears.

What this last installment boils down to is: You have to choose. Lucifer, the Throne, or Love???? ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
The story really has dragged on way too long. Got about a third in. Decided stuff this, read the last chapter and thought thank god that's over.

joem0601 | Mar 5, 2016 |
This was a semi-satisfying conclusion to the series. I didn't really dig the whole reincarnation thing and felt like it somewhat tidily finished up a story that became messy during the third book. Still, it was definitely an interesting premise and the first two books were really enjoyable, so I was happy to finish up. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
Rapture, by Lauren Kate, is a romantic, adventurous, fantasy book. After reading "Passion" in the Fallen series, I really hoped this book would be much better. Passion got very boring, and I found that it was actually hard to get through. I loved the first two books of this series, and this one I liked as well. Luce and Daniel are trying to save the world as they know it from Lucifer. I love these two together. I find them absolutely adorable. This fallen angel story had me hooked from the beginning. I think it's different from many other fallen angel stories. I really loved following the story of all of the characters as they try to save the world, but the ending was a little disappointing to me. We already know Daniel is an angel, but we find out later that Luce is an angel as well. She finally gets her wings, but ends up losing them at the end. She chooses to become human with Daniel so they can be together. I hate that she gives up her immortality just for love. She just got her wings. It just seems so abrupt to me. I would love to have wings. Another thing that bothered me was that I never got to find out what happens to my favorite character. Cam was my favorite character, but I never find out what happens to him at the end of the book. Overall, I loved the book, but I didn't absolutely love the ending. ( )
  codiec321 | Nov 5, 2015 |

While searching for the place where the angels fell to earth to stop Lucifer from erasing the past, Luce and Daniel make a startling discovery about their love.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible