Rapture by Lauren Kate

Rapture is the love story that takes us from today to the beginning of time, and back again in the Fallen series. The story is unfolding Lucinda & Daniel's long history together and discovering how to fix the balance between Heaven and Hell.

Lucinda Price, known by many other names in these books, is the main character and we read the story from her perspective. I think there is someone in this series that everyone can relate to. I got to the end and I still want to know Cam's story. It seems that there is something the author isn't telling us between Cam & Lucy. Leaving room for another book at a late date perhaps?

There weren't as many places travelled to in Rapture, although is does retell some of the events that took place with Bill. It definitely makes the story easier to follow as the new places were pivotal to the end of the story.

Time was crucial. They only had nine days to accomplish defeating Lucifer. The angels spent a lot of time in the air flying this time and Lucy took this time to think everything through & managed to get some hours sleep & food in her belly. Let's remember, she is human after all. I think it's funny that toilet breaks don't appear in books. Thinking can happen in the bathroom too!

My favourite lines have to be when Daniel reminds Luce,
"What did I tell you?"
She shifted through the million exchanges she and Daniel had ever shared-the good, the sad, the ugly. One rose above the clouds of her mind.
She was shaking. "That you will always find me."
"Yes. Always. No matter what."
I think the original of this line is probably better. Not that I can recall from memory when or where it takes place.

Enough of the book. The cover, I think should reflect Lucy but instead I find the back of a woman, dressed in a white floaty dress, with long dark but thick hair. I'm pretty sure Lucy's hair is short in the present day, but that's not very angelic, is it?

Cover aside, I rate this book 4 stars. I think the air time really drags this book out. I feel Daniel repeats himself so much that Lucy has to find out everything for herself. Does she really do it alone? She has all these angels and supernatural around her giving her hints and tips along the way... and I want to know what the story is with Cam! ( )
  sharlenehsmith | Mar 9, 2015 |
This was a great book. I think this one and the short stories "Fallen in Love" were the two best of the series. I'm really glad that Lauren Kate ended it on a high note and didn't get "story happy". I guess what I mean is that she didn't drag the ending out for like 4 or 5 more books like some popular authors would have. This is one of the best series of books that i've read. ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
Luce, Daniel, and the other angels and demons are in a race against time to prevent Lucifer from erasing all history since the Fall. First though, they have to find the site of the Fall, where all the fallen angels landed after nine days of falling from Heaven to Earth. Unfortunately, none of them remember where this is because, at the time, they didn’t even remember who they were, much less where they were. In his past research, Daniel found clues that might lead them to the location. So, using these clues, they go about trying to find the site of the fall. They only have nine days to find the location of the fall before Lucifer will erase everything. They have many obstacles to overcome, because not only do they have Lucifer to worry about, they also still have the outcasts hunting them because they think Luce is their ticket into Heaven. The Elders remain a threat, as well.

Meanwhile, Luce is remembering more about who she is, and who she has been, than she ever has before. Daniel encourages her to try her best to remember as far back as she can. Luce has to piece her past together if they ever hope to stop Lucifer from erasing history. As she recalls pieces of her past, she comes to see that she is not at all who she thought she was, that the curse is actually more about her than about Daniel, and that she was in love with someone else before Daniel. Who is she really meant to be with? You’ll have to read the book to find out! :-)

I loved, loved, LOVED this book! Finally, everything made sense. I was actually a little reluctant to read it at first because I was disappointed by Passion. This one made up for it. In fact, I understand much more now about why everything that happened in Passion was so important. The stakes are high in this book and there is so much that stands in their way. I was completely enthralled in the suspense. My heart raced each time something happened that slowed them down or put them in danger. I came to care about characters that I hadn’t given a second thought to in the other books. This one is a real page turner. I was grumpy every time I had to put it down, and when I could, I picked it back up again as soon as possible and fell right back into the story. I was impressed by the way Lauren Kate tied up all the loose ends and answered all the unknowns so easily. It all made perfect sense. Now I just feel a little depressed that it’s over. Fortunately, there is still another book in this series, Fallen in Love. From what I understand, it’s a collection of four stories about the characters in the Fallen books. You can bet that’s going to be my next read!
You can read more of my reviews at http://bookwormbookreviews.com ( )
  Aeroette | Sep 4, 2014 |
I wish I could do 3.5 instead of 3 stars.
A satisfying conclusion to the series. Overall, all of the books seemed a little drawn out, but the story and plot were romantic and captivating. I'm glad I read the series. ( )
  Jenna.Czaplewski | Jul 3, 2014 |
Most of the book gets a 2 star. The last 100 pages, probably a 4.

Take it or leave it, but proceed at your own risk! ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |

While searching for the place where the angels fell to earth to stop Lucifer from erasing the past, Luce and Daniel make a startling discovery about their love.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,250,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible