Rapture by Lauren Kate

This was a semi-satisfying conclusion to the series. I didn't really dig the whole reincarnation thing and felt like it somewhat tidily finished up a story that became messy during the third book. Still, it was definitely an interesting premise and the first two books were really enjoyable, so I was happy to finish up. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
Rapture, by Lauren Kate, is a romantic, adventurous, fantasy book. After reading "Passion" in the Fallen series, I really hoped this book would be much better. Passion got very boring, and I found that it was actually hard to get through. I loved the first two books of this series, and this one I liked as well. Luce and Daniel are trying to save the world as they know it from Lucifer. I love these two together. I find them absolutely adorable. This fallen angel story had me hooked from the beginning. I think it's different from many other fallen angel stories. I really loved following the story of all of the characters as they try to save the world, but the ending was a little disappointing to me. We already know Daniel is an angel, but we find out later that Luce is an angel as well. She finally gets her wings, but ends up losing them at the end. She chooses to become human with Daniel so they can be together. I hate that she gives up her immortality just for love. She just got her wings. It just seems so abrupt to me. I would love to have wings. Another thing that bothered me was that I never got to find out what happens to my favorite character. Cam was my favorite character, but I never find out what happens to him at the end of the book. Overall, I loved the book, but I didn't absolutely love the ending. ( )
  codiec321 | Nov 5, 2015 |
Torment was indeed torment. Rapture is somehow release.
I had SO MUCH TROUBLE reading the second and third book of this series! I simply did not enjoy them, as my rating have shown!
I was so hesitant to read this book, that I do not understand how I finally got myself to read it. I am grateful I did, though.
Everything wrapped up perfectly, and everything was explained! SUCH A PLOT TWIIIIST! I am still fangirling, yaaaaas!!!!
This is what I call a good closure. It leaves us hanging, but satisfied with how it all turned out.
Well done here, Lauren Kate, I shall pat you in the back (with all due respect (: ). ( )
  jayelaglez | Jul 31, 2015 |
it was fabulous. the pace was set just right. and the ending was lovely ( )
  silverdshay123 | Jun 23, 2015 |
LOVE.

Really endures all eternity. *sigh* contented with the ending. ( )
  englisherna | Apr 8, 2015 |

While searching for the place where the angels fell to earth to stop Lucifer from erasing the past, Luce and Daniel make a startling discovery about their love.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,019,587 books! | Top bar: Always visible