Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Authors:Kiersten White
Info:HarperTeen (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 352 pages
Tags:paranormal, supernatural, fey, HarperTeen, YA

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

English (167)  Italian (1)  All languages (168)
No-recomendado por Agustina.

Me propongo leer de principio a fin libros considerados "malos". Mi intención es encontrar al menos UNA cualidad buena en ellos y reseñarlos objetivamente siguiendo 20 puntos a desarrollar brevemente. (Los puntos varían según el género del que se trate.)

Si tienen ganas de No-recomendarme otros libros
pueden comentar acá o ACÁ. ¡Cualquier género es bienvenido! Cuanto más variado, mejor :)
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
I loved this book. Loved loved loved it. Not only were the characters fully rounded and incredibly engaging (even the "bad guys", I love that!), but the main character, Evie, goes through several upsets during the book changing her entire life and the way she views the world.

While there are your stock paranormals kept at the Center, White also invents a couple as she goes along (including the two main characters), which I found very well-done and enriching. While it may be said that the paranormals the Center pursues are "underpowered", in the context of the book it made a lot of sense - if they were invincible and there were that many creatures all around us all the time, human population would have died out long before the IPCA or the APCA could have been started to contain them. The moral and ethical implications of containment and "neutering" the PNs are also beginning to be explored towards the end, which I found added an unforeseen level of depth to an already exciting and fresh plot.

Speaking of plot, this book's was perfectly paced, leaving you to wonder at the right moments and offering (some) explanations only when you need them.

Paranormalcy was, in my book, almost perfect. It was great fun to read, you really come to care about all of the characters and the story was engaging and original. I had to wrack my brain to come up with something I didn't like, and the only thing I could get was that Evie named her taser gun. Tasey. Yah.

RECOMMENDED FOR: Any fans of spec-fic or YA, and anyone whose soul sometimes craves for just fun and something non-angsty. This book is pretty light and fluffy, so there are no age constraints or worries and is just a general feel-good book. I guess if you think the light side of life and people having fun while in danger is all unicorns and rainbows and stupid, you might want to first lend it from the library or a friend. ( )
  Leia-Ann | Apr 27, 2015 |
Did not finish. Reason: "it's not you, it's me". (The heroine's voice just did not work for me, both "as it was written by the author" and "as it was narrated in the audio book".)
  WeaselOfDoom | Mar 4, 2015 |
Total brain candy! I picked this up on the advice of a friend for a quick read between grad school terms and it was perfect for that. Enjoyable characters, a strong female lead who actually talks with her boyfriend instead of hiding her fears, and the plot moves along quickly. No, this book won't change your life or make you think too hard, but it will entertain you without killing brain cells. A quick, enjoyable read. ( )
  JenW1 | Mar 3, 2015 |
I enjoyed reading this book. Evie was a great character that kept me interested in what she would do. She was believable as a teenager who was dealing with a very abnormal situation. Lend was a little more difficult to take but I appreciated that White did not have the characters immediately fall head over heels in love or in bed! I'm looking forward to the next two books in the series. ( )
  slsmitty25 | Feb 11, 2015 |

Is contained in

FOR
MOM AND DAD
AND FOR
NOAH, MY LOVE
"Wait - did you - you just yawned!" The vampire's arms, raised over his head in the classic Dracula pose, dropped to his sides.

Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.
Normal is so overrated.

When a dark prophecy begins to come true, sixteen-year-old Evie of the International Paranormal Containment Agency must not only try to stop it, she must also uncover its connection to herself and the alluring shapeshifter, Lend.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,381,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible