Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Authors:Kiersten White
Info:HarperTeen (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:paranormal, romance, urban fantasy, ya

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

English (166)  Italian (1)  All languages (167)
Did not finish. Reason: "it's not you, it's me". (The heroine's voice just did not work for me, both "as it was written by the author" and "as it was narrated in the audio book".)
  WeaselOfDoom | Mar 4, 2015 |
Total brain candy! I picked this up on the advice of a friend for a quick read between grad school terms and it was perfect for that. Enjoyable characters, a strong female lead who actually talks with her boyfriend instead of hiding her fears, and the plot moves along quickly. No, this book won't change your life or make you think too hard, but it will entertain you without killing brain cells. A quick, enjoyable read. ( )
  JenW1 | Mar 3, 2015 |
I enjoyed reading this book. Evie was a great character that kept me interested in what she would do. She was believable as a teenager who was dealing with a very abnormal situation. Lend was a little more difficult to take but I appreciated that White did not have the characters immediately fall head over heels in love or in bed! I'm looking forward to the next two books in the series. ( )
  slsmitty25 | Feb 11, 2015 |
I've read a lot of fiction books on paranormal creatures but I think this one had a fresh take on it. It was definatly different then anything I had read before. It was a little confusing but otherwise it was a good book. ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
I would've adored this book as a teenager. Its really refreshing to see a main female character who isn't angst filled. Evie is sassy and can take care of herself. Some of her actions kind of reminded me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I couldn't help but picture her and some of the other characters looking like the BtVS cast. What was really great about this book though was White's use of different mythological creatures as her main character. Yes there are vampire and werewolves but they fall to the wayside here. Instead we have some really original beings such as water creatures, hags, and Fae. I really loved how the Fae were portrayed in this. White uses the traditional outlook on them of being gorgeous, selfish, and deadly because of their different set of morals.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for an original and engaging young adult paranormal book. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |

Is contained in

FOR
MOM AND DAD
AND FOR
NOAH, MY LOVE
"Wait - did you - you just yawned!" The vampire's arms, raised over his head in the classic Dracula pose, dropped to his sides.

Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.
Normal is so overrated.

When a dark prophecy begins to come true, sixteen-year-old Evie of the International Paranormal Containment Agency must not only try to stop it, she must also uncover its connection to herself and the alluring shapeshifter, Lend.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,139,507 books! | Top bar: Always visible