Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Title:Paranormalcy
Authors:Kiersten White
Info:HarperTeen (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 368 pages

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Recently added byveredi, Michaylah, LaPhenix, HeatherQ, RinHanase, AlexandraMay, private library, BookGirlR, GinaDC

English (183)  Italian (1)  All (184)
Good characters, great setting and story. ( )
  LaPhenix | Mar 21, 2017 |
Pink rhinestone studded taser named Tasey... nuff said, i LOVED it, though i still haven't found the time to pick up the next book..hmmm ( )
  KendraFitz | Feb 27, 2017 |
Evie has always seen herself as normal, regardless of the fact that she has the ability to see through the glamour of paranormals and is living under the protection of a government agency. When someone or something starts murdering paranormals, Evie begins to uncover secrets about who she really is.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Jan 31, 2017 |
Evelyn was abandoned at birth and was shuffled through the foster system until she ran into an agency that keeps paranormals off the street. Now, using her unique gift for seeing past glamours, she works for the agency to keep humans safe.

If I said, “I love Paranormalcy” and left it that way, would that be enough? Maybe, but I have to count the ways.

Evie is a great protagonist. Her voice is spunky and her feelings for the people in her life spills out through the pages. She’s not the typical tough girl hero and her quest to live a normal life - or as normal as she imagines - is very endearing.

The story unfolds rather quickly as Evie tries to learn about who she is, between the detaining of Vampires and Werewolves and the fighting to stay alive. There was a little lag as the romance aspect was being built, but the story itself was still there, keeping me interested enough to turn the pages until I found out what was going on. I’m looking forward to the continuation of the story in Supernaturally. ( )
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |
I have vague memories that people really loved this when it came out. I might be wrong though… Wouldn’t be a bad thing this time…

The biggest problem for me was Evie. She was way too naïve and childish. And liked pink more that is healthy in my opinion… She was found as a small child and grew up in IPCA - organisation that monitors all things paranormal – and yet seems totally clueless what IPCA does or about her own past.

She falls in love with Lend, paranormal who was captured by IPCA. Apart from being practically the only teenage boy she’s met, I don’t see what Evie saw in him. I just thought he was boring.

The most interesting thing was the fairies. They weren’t as “controlled” as everyone seemed to think. Evie’s ex Reth came at first a bit stalkerish but he turned out to be the most interesting pearson in the book. First you think he’s good, then he seems bad, then good.. And he seemed dangerous. Like he could have killed everyone. Or maybe that’s just me hoping.

This was quick and easy read and I can safely say that I won’t continue this trilogy. ( )
  Elysianfield | Nov 16, 2016 |

Is contained in

FOR
MOM AND DAD
AND FOR
NOAH, MY LOVE
"Wait - did you - you just yawned!" The vampire's arms, raised over his head in the classic Dracula pose, dropped to his sides.

Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.
Normal is so overrated.

When a dark prophecy begins to come true, sixteen-year-old Evie of the International Paranormal Containment Agency must not only try to stop it, she must also uncover its connection to herself and the alluring shapeshifter, Lend.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,259,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible