Monster High by Lisi Harrison

Monster High (2010)

by Lisi Harrison

Recently added bysreeparna, private library, meggiecd, ChickensAreBrave, CENlibrary

When Melody Carver and her family move to Salem, Oregon, Melody believes that she has a fresh start and is able to finally NOT stand out. With her "camel hump" of a nose beautified thanks to her dad being a plastic surgeon, the other students at Melody's new school, Merston High, start to finally take interest in her. Not only that, but some royally jealous teen queens develop some jealousy, as well. And on top of that, Melody has been hearing about monster sightings...

Frankie Stein is the literal new girl. Being only 15 days old, Frankie is eager to visit the outside world and make some friends. But after a horrible accident, proving that Frankie is definitely no normal teenager, urges her to hide her identity and play it cool such as the other RAD's. When Frankie finally decides to take a stand for all her kind, things get out of control, and some people lose their heads.

This book is amazing. Not only can I relate to the students at Merston High, but I can almost imagine myself being one of them. For almost half of my life I was treated as an outcast, so I felt pretty proud of the RAD's for deciding to take action and stand up for themselves. Melody is my favorite character. Hoodies, jeans and Converse happen to be just my style, and we've both got quite an attitude when we need it. Candace absolutley cracks me up and her jokes always brighten my day. ( )
  SydneyW.G3 | Dec 13, 2013 |
The Good: This book has an awesome premise and carries it out very well. It's got a decent message hidden underneath its classic horror character story line.

The Bad: Cutesy words like "Normies" quickly drove me insane. The "kids" do a version of basic teen rebellion, thinking they know better than their parents. It's standard fare that will likely delight a middle grade to early young adult crowd, and immediately turn older readers off. ( )
  TequilaReader | Nov 22, 2013 |
What a brilliantly fun way for Tweens to get a look at fitting in! Loved this book. ( )
  Bookaliciouspam | Sep 20, 2013 |
3 stars for those who are JUST reading the book
4 stars for those who own the dolls ( )
  Kewpie83 | Apr 3, 2013 |
This book is so good! The minute you start reading, it draws you in, like a magnet.
  alison_chan | Nov 26, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031609918X, Hardcover)

From Lisi Harrison, the New York Times bestselling author of The Clique and Alphas, comes a new series with a fresh twist on high school, romance, and the "horrors" of trying to fit in.

The monster community has kept a low profile at the local high school, but when two new girls enroll, the town will never be the same. Created just fifteen days ago, Frankie Stein is psyched to trade her father's formaldehyde-smelling basement lab for parties and prom.

But with a student body totally freaked out by rumors of monsters stalking the halls, Frankie learns that high school can be rough for a chic freak like her. She thinks she finds a friend in fellow new student Melody Carver-but can a "normie" be trusted with her big secret?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:52 -0400)

Frankie Stein was created in a laboratory, and when she enters Merston High School camouflaged as a "normi," all she wants is to fit in, but it takes the help of another new student who believes that everyone should be treated equally before Frankie even has a chance.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,617,496 books! | Top bar: Always visible