Monster High by Lisi Harrison

Monster High (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Lisi Harrison

Member:alison_chan
Title:Monster High
Authors:Lisi Harrison
Info:Poppy (2011), Paperback, 272 pages
Tags:Fiction and Fantasy

Monster High by Lisi Harrison (2010)

Superficiality at its best, story telling at its worst. ( )
  EmilyRokicki | Feb 26, 2016 |
The dolls are cuter than the book. It's Mean Girl/Clique with monsters. ( )
  keindi | Jan 23, 2016 |
This was a fun light read. At first I was afraid to read it because it was by Lisi Harrison and the whole concept of the Clique series annoys me and makes me a little bit sad. But I loved the cover and concept so much that I finally caved and I am so glad I did.

The story is told from two points of view, Frankie Stein the fifteen day old grandaughter of Frankenstein's monster, and Melody a transplant from Los Angeles who has always felt like an outcast because she wasn't perfect (although her plastic surgeon father did fix her nose.) Both girls are just trying to make their way through high school with some self confidence intact.
Both characters are completely lovable in a heartbreaking way because their experiences have given them such low self esteem they don't see how fabulous they are anymore. (something I think a lot of people can relate too.)

They hijinks caused by movie type monsters living among people are both entertaining and sad. The things people do to protect themselves from monsters are funny but since I grew to really love Frankie they did make me a little indignant for her.

I also loved Jackson and while we were told he was a "monster" I never would have guessed what he actually was. I really liked the twist.

My only complaint about the book is that it ended on such a cliff hanger and there is no release date for the second one. Frankie and Melody have finally gotten together and you just know that great things are going to come from these two and then it ends. Sigh, I just don't want to wait. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031609918X, Hardcover)

From Lisi Harrison, the New York Times bestselling author of The Clique and Alphas, comes a new series with a fresh twist on high school, romance, and the "horrors" of trying to fit in.

The monster community has kept a low profile at the local high school, but when two new girls enroll, the town will never be the same. Created just fifteen days ago, Frankie Stein is psyched to trade her father's formaldehyde-smelling basement lab for parties and prom.

But with a student body totally freaked out by rumors of monsters stalking the halls, Frankie learns that high school can be rough for a chic freak like her. She thinks she finds a friend in fellow new student Melody Carver-but can a "normie" be trusted with her big secret?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:18 -0400)

Frankie Stein was created in a laboratory, and when she enters Merston High School camouflaged as a "normi," all she wants is to fit in, but it takes the help of another new student who believes that everyone should be treated equally before Frankie even has a chance.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible