The Iron Queen (Harlequin Teen) by Julie…

The Iron Queen (Harlequin Teen) (edition 2011)

by Julie Kagawa

Member:LaneLiterati
Title:The Iron Queen (Harlequin Teen)
Authors:Julie Kagawa
Info:Harlequin Teen (2011), Edition: Original, Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:2013 Archive
Rating:*****
Tags:Linsey Milillo, 2013

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The iron Fae are invading the Nevernever, the Summer and Winter courts are fading, war is upon them. Ash Puck and Megan have been exiled to the human realm. Ash and megan make a grand united front that helps strengthen their united front, when the courts call them back for help. They may not come out of this fight alive, everyone seem against them. There is so much love between them, so much pain in their future.
I loved the fantastical Iron fae, unique, fearsome and even sweet. I know they are evil destroying the Nevernever. Wait till you read about them, they are each so intricately put together. Glitch and Razor stole the spotlight. Grim, another great character, makes his kitty presence known in a typical snide cat way.
I can not wait for the Iron Knight ! ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Best of Iron Fey series, Ash is dark and sweet, Puck is simply reckless as always. No words to praise Meghan, Grim is a good kitty. ( )
  Chiththarthan | Dec 29, 2015 |
This is by far my favorite book in this series so far. I love that Meghan finally grows her spine out and finally starts wanting to do things for herself. I was so happy when I started reading this book. It is excellent. I hated how, yet again, the fairy monarchs needed her to come to their rescue, and as usual, she stood up and did what was right.

I love seeing the relationship between Ash and Meghan grow as well as the many other relationships we see in this book. I also have to admit to tearing up at the end of this book. There is definitely not a cliff hanger at the end but it's not a HEA...there is definitely still more to this story and I can't wait to read it.

The way Ms. Kagawa formats and executes this book is flawless and beautiful. It wasn't predictable and I loved it. Can't wait to read The Iron Knight. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
The Good: Puck is amazing and Ash isn't bad at all either. The love triangle works because both of the guys in Meghan's life are so different, but equally as good for her. It would make sense for her to be with either one of them. There is a good amount of action in this book, some twists and a major surprise or two. The pace is extreme and it was extremely hard to put down once I started.

The Bad: Meghan makes some strides in growing up, accepting the world around her and not whining all the damned time. Now she only whines about 50% of the time and is annoying, yet tolerable. While I love her story, her personality grates. ( )
  TequilaReader | Sep 28, 2015 |
This book doesn't deserve five stars. It deserves five BAJILLION stars.

The Iron Queen is the third installment into the Iron Fey series and is by far the most riveting book of it so far. It pulled at my heart-strings the whole time and I still enjoyed it!

I started out as a Team Puck fan, and so far I still am. However, I've started to feel pretty bad for Ash. Now, being on Team Puck here, this book is not going to make us Goodfellow fans any happier. In fact, it just takes our wishes and squishes them, and twists them, and stabs them. BUT (There is always a but.), in the end, I don't think anyone can help but feel sad for Ash. AND THEN PUCK. In the end, Puck shows his true emotions as much as anyone will probably ever see again. It made me want to cry.

On a more technical note, the plot was gripping, the characters were just amazing as ever(!!!), and the scenery never failed to amaze...I think that' s just Kagawa's infallible talent for writing. I can't wait for the fourth, and last, book either. I can't believe it will be the last! This is definitely a series I want to continue forever, because I just absolutely love the characters and the world and /everything/. (I mean, how many people walk around with hand drawn pics of Puck on their binders, or walk around pointing at a raven in a tree saying that it's Puck come to take me to Faery!? I know I do) If this series becomes as famous as the Lord of the Rings series, I swear I'd be the master of the Puck-dom. THAT is how much I love this series, and I swear you will too. Even if you go Team Ash.

So, if you need something new to read, or if you have so many books to read that you're simply drowing in them...read this NOW. Read the series, and you won't regret it. ( )
  SpazzyDragon13 | Jul 7, 2015 |
Summer Fades.
Ice Melts.
Here's What's Left.
To Erica and Gail, Ash's biggest fans. And to Nick, always my inspiration.
Eleven years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared.

Meghan Chase, who is half faery, half human, knows that the struggle against the Iron Fey is not yet over and that they will tear her away from the banished prince she loves and force her into battles she may not survive.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,048,551 books! | Top bar: Always visible