Un pere ideal (French Edition) by Paul…

Un pere ideal (French Edition) (2010)

by Paul Cleave

70None169,906 (3.95)9
Member:GUITETF
Title:Un pere ideal (French Edition)
Authors:Paul Cleave
Info:SONATINE, Paperback
Tags:Thriller ; suspense

Blood Men: A Thriller by Paul Cleave (2010)

English (8)  French (1)  All languages (9)
A deceptive book. I fully expected this to be a simple thriller following stock plot lines. Only reason I started it was because it was set in New Zealand, Boy was I surprised. This one had a lot of depth. Edward is the son of a serial killer and how he reacts in the wake of his wife being murdered will cause you to think deeper about your own morality. Strongly recommend this one. ( )
1 vote norinrad10 | May 19, 2013 |
Das war eine Emfphelung und ich kann es nur weiterempfehlen.
Ich bin zwar kein Thrillertyp und es gibt auch einige blutrünstige Stellen, auf die ich hätte verzichten können. Aber die Story ist rasant skurril und lesenswert. ( )
  BauerG | Feb 15, 2013 |
Became a fan of Paul Cleave with Collecting Cooper. He certainly delivers with Blood Men. This one is a tad gruesome; but nicely done. Edward Hunter is the son of a convicted serial killer; not an easy childhood, but he manages just fine. Along comes life and plays a dirty trick on him and takes his wife in a bank robbery gone awry. He spends the next few days searching for the men responsible for his wife's death and finds himself contacting his father and getting involved in some seriously wrong situations. It all gets complicated beyond explanation till we get to the devastating ending. Looking forward to more of Cleave's messed up mind. ( )
  AleAleta | Aug 26, 2012 |
A heart-pumping but finally rather distasteful psychological thriller, in which a young father's world is turned upside-down after tragedy strikes his family and he finds himself tempted to follow the footsteps of his own estranged father, a convicted serial killer. ( )
  auntmarge64 | Feb 17, 2012 |
Blood Men by Paul Cleave was a page turner. This was a book that kept me guessing and once it got going it never really stopped. The story pulled me in and I emphasized with the characters. There were a few places where the I stopped and thought, "Nah that wouldn't have happened that way," but overall a great experience and fun book to read. Why do I mark it down a bit? Well, my gosh the book is depressing and never pulls itself out of that mode. Because I felt for the characters, it really depressed my mood even when I wasn't reading. But it is a rare book that can change my moods like that, so for that I recommend and want to check out more by Cleave. ( )
  harpua | Jul 7, 2011 |

Edward Hunter has it all--a beautiful wife and daughter, a great job, a bright future? and a very dark past. Twenty years ago, a serial killer was caught, convicted, and locked away in the country's most hellish of penitentiaries. That man was Edward's father. Edward has struggled his entire life to put the nightmares of his childhood behind him. But a week before Christmas, violence once again makes an unwelcome appearance into his world. Suddenly he's going to need the help of his father, a man he hasn't seen since he was a boy. Is Edward destined to be just like him, to become a man of blood? - from the publisher.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,495,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible