Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Title:Firelight
Authors:Sophie Jordan
Info:HarperCollins (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 336 pages
Rating:**
Tags:fantasy, dragons, shapeshifters, romance, teen

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (elbakerone)
    Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (OmaRoses)
    OmaRoses: About a teenage girl coming of age and finding her inner strength through a journey of forbidden love, friendship and great family dynamics. A light, funny and entertaining read!
    Fire by Kristin Cashore (Cpassmore)
    Talon (The Talon Saga) by Julie Kagawa (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Dragongirl and dragonhunter love...

English (120)  German (1)  Italian (1)  All (122)
I wanted to like this as much as others did, but I found myself just wanting to get through it. Maybe I'm just burnt out on teen fiction for awhile, but it seemed there was 80% teen angst wanting a boy she shouldn't have, 10% were dragon pack catching up to her and 10% absolute horror at the game she was trying to play with the family of the boy she shouldn't have! It's not a bad story and the writing was fine, but it was more teen love anguish than I really wanted and I was more annoyed at the characters than loving them. And her mother and sister, wow. Talk about family guilting you into not being yourself. Ouch! ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
Un libro assolutamente adorabile, nonostante si stia pur sempre parlando di young adult. L'originalità, però, non manca come non mancano i colpi di scena.

La nostra Jacinda è veramente affascinante come protagonista femminile. Se non altro non è certamente il tipo di piangersi addosso o farsi salvare dal principe azzurro che, in questo libro, credetemi tanto azzurro non è. Neanche "principe" ad essere sinceri.

Un bel libro, che consiglio caldamente agli amanti del genere.
Peccato per il maledetto cliffangher finale... Vogliamo sapere cosa accadrà alla nostra eroina!!!!
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
Amazing, I know a sequel is coming and I cannot wait. This book is a great and fast read. I couldn't put it down! ( )
  danaaa_99 | Apr 6, 2016 |
Should appeal to Stephenie Meyer and Alyson Noel fans. Melodrama, forbidden romance, shape shifters. ( )
  keindi | Jan 23, 2016 |
This book is like a breathe of fresh air in the shape-changer type YA novel universe. I like the unique concept of people who can shift into dragons, or well dragons who can shift into humans. I also liked the decidedly sizzling scenes in this book, they were a lot steamier than most YA romance books I have read, yes, pun intended.

I like the development of the characters throughout the book but I believe that Jacinda, her mother, and her sister all need to figure something out, because all them are asking each other to give up something fundamental to their happiness in one situation or another. So somehow at least one of the family at one time will be depressed. So intro Will...he is doing something that he doesn't believe in for his father's happiness and I have NO CLUE how Jacinda can be with him after going to his house...no freaking way...but if he is the only connection keeping her afloat, well then there is another story all together. *sigh* this story is just so freaking jacked up and depressing all around, yet you CAN NOT stop reading, hence Romeo and Juliet.

The writing throughout the story is very good; it keeps you focused on the story, unable to break away. The writing also has some poetic aspects here and there, which I love to find in a book. The plot is also very good, it has some wonderful surprises and keeps you interested until the very last page. That being said...this book is cliffhanger central, I HATE HATE HATE cliffhangers like this one, especially when we have to wait soooo long for the next installment. Even with the cliffhanger though, definitely worth the read.r ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |

Marchand, AliceTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Poch, SilvinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sroka, JuliaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandergrift, AndreaTypographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gazing out at the quiet lake, I know the risk is worth it.

Descended from dragons, the draki's ability to appear human protects them from hunters. Jacinda lives with her pride in the Cascades, but she chafes under her special status as the only fire-breather in hundreds of years. Recklessly breaking the “no-fly” rule, she attracts hunters; mercifully, one hunter, a beautiful boy who looks upon her with wonder, lets her escape. After this, the pride intends to hobble her rebelliousness, and Jacinda is forced to flee. But while twin sister Tamra, who never manifested and was shunned, is happy with the move, Jacinda feels only anguish within Nevada's desert climate. Then she meets Will and, despite recognizing him as the same draki hunter, feels herself come alive. Jordan's compelling addition to the supernatural star-crossed lovers theme is equal parts taut suspense and sensuous romance, with visceral writing and believable relationships among characters, particularly among Jacinda's family. A foreshadowed twist and a thrilling confrontation in the end pages leave Jacinda heartbroken and in trouble, and readers will howl for more.

When sixteen-year-old Jacinda, who can change into a dragon, is forced to move away from her community of shapeshifters and start a more normal life, she falls in love with a boy who proves to be her most dangerous enemy.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,181,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible