Vango ;intégrale by Timothée de Fombelle

Vango ;intégrale (edition 2013)

by Timothée de Fombelle (Author)

2031157,794 (4.18)12
Member:EDHSLC
Title:Vango ;intégrale
Authors:Timothée de Fombelle (Author)
Info:Gallimard Jeunesse (2013)
Collections:French Language, Your library

Vango: Between Sky and Earth by Timothee de Fombelle

English (8)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  All (11)
12 ( )
  EDHSLC | Feb 4, 2016 |
Terrific rip-roaring old fashioned adventure story, set in the 1918-35 period, replete with Russian spies, Nazis, French police, a secret island, and featuring a young man/boy whose background is unknown... ( )
  DavidO1103 | Dec 26, 2015 |
I read this book because I received its sequel as an Early Reviewer, but I wanted to read this first. I'm glad I did and really enjoyed it although I'm not the targeted audience. It had action, adventure, mystery and romance and kept you turning pages. ( )
  eliorajoy | Aug 22, 2015 |
A good book made better by reading it in large sections; don't take your time with this. A dizzying amount of characters of varying importance, or at least written of in a time frame that can be a little hard to keep up with or keep straight. Many of mysteries uncovered in this book are not made clear until the sequel, so patience is required. A book well designed for mystery-philes and older YA readers. De Fombelle goes out of his way to make things abundantly clear to young readers that may be reading, or at least the translation does. ( )
  rdwhitenack | Jul 25, 2015 |
This is not my favorite sort of novel to read but I do appreciate and admire de Fombelle's talent for creating a sprawling, intricately plotted story. This is an unusual, old-fashioned kind of grand adventure with a huge cast of characters and lots of locales. Readers who enjoy stories packed with adventure and suspense, including a little romance, will love this. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |

Paris, 1934. Fleeing form the police and more sinister forces on his trail, Vango must race against time to prove his innocence. -- Cover.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Timothee de Fombelle's book Vango: Between Earth and Sky was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,225,633 books! | Top bar: Always visible